*Free Shipping! | Use Promo Code: FREESHIPPING (Valid until 25/10/2020 for all orders in the EU)
Follow 152 fans
Eindhoven (56), Netherlands
db assembles original photographs, matching papers, acrylics, oil, charcoal, ink and a pencil in his works. The variety of resources she can use has proven to be essential for her. The biggest challenge with the bonding medium was its lack of merciless transparency. Finding a way to reproduce the effects of the transparency offered by painting, especially watercolours, was for db a "great victory".
The preparation work is reflected in the collages; layer on layer of material remains visible in the finished parts. According to db, his work is characterized by his ability to reinvent. Having always loved the appearance of patinated walls, flaked paint and old posters, she revives this aesthetic with a lively and professional look.
The creative objective of his work is to "do something beautiful by squandering". His paintings explore the dissonance between old and new materials, intertwined in the most beautiful way possible to create dreamlike and melancholic images.
The years of db’s training as an artist were dedicated to the Academy of Art in Den Bosch, the Netherlands. Today, she considers herself self-taught, having developed her own style from the non-traditional medium of collage. Her work brings together a variety of materials in carefully crafted compositions that she is proud of their ability to tell stories.
- SoHo Gallery - Västerås, Sweden
- AGORA art gallery, New York
- Sonia Monti Gallery / Starting October 2020
- International collage exhibition (5 to 30 November), Espace Monet Rollinat, Fresselines, France
- Art Eindhoven, Klokgebouw Eindhoven (September), Netherlands
- The Corner Art Gallery, a joint photographic exhibition for Mahmoud Al Kurd (Palestinian artist) and DB Waterman, Jordan
- Octopus' Energy's billboard exhibition / 2500 Rentals Londen, United Kingdom
- Muriel Guepin Gallery, SoHo, New York
- International collage exhibition, Espace Monet Rollinat, France
Stanford University, California, USA
- The Hague Gallery, The Netherlands
- Business Art Service Nederland BV - Raamsdonksveer, The Netherlands
100 Days of Dutch Art, iShen Gallery, New Zealand