$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Genève (12), Switzerland
Ivan Sizonenko was born in Paris, France in September 1960 and has lived in Geneva, Switzerland since 1969.
He obtained a Master's degree in Physics at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne in 1983. In 1993, he obtained a Bachelor's degree in Science, History and Philosophy.
After practising fine art photography for 15 years, he felt the need to conduct a more in-depth research of colour and material. The limitations of the photographic techniques drove him to search for a richer language by which he could more readily express himself. This language is painting.
There is a need for gesture, for a physical relationship with matter. He desires more personal colours. By playing with the parameters and structure of images, colour and materials became a turning point in his life.
Graduated as an engineer-physicist from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne in 1983 and in history and philosophy of science from the University of Geneva in 1993.
- Salon des Réalités Nouvelles, Paris, France, 2004-2007, 2009-2018
- Collective exhibition "Art et mathématiques", galerie Abstract Project, Paris, France, March 2018
- Mondial A3, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, June-July 2009 "1999-2006"
- Hôtel Ramada, Geneva, Switzerland, May 2007
- "Chromophonies", galerie L’Artquarium, Geneva, Switzerland, November 2005
- Collective exhibition, galerie Gora, Montréal,Québec, Canada, July 2005
- 21st Artex, Association japonaise d’Art Contemporain, galerie Ono, Tokyo, Japan, December 2004
- 1st Amagasaki International Contemporary Art Competition, Japanese Association of Contemporary Art, Shinto Isagu Sanctuary, Kamisakabe Cultural Village, Osaka, Japan, October 9, 10 and 11, 2004
- 20th Artex, Japanese Association of Contemporary Art, Ward-Nasse gallery, New York, USA, July 2 to 8, 2004,
- Winner of the Special Prize IX Contemporary Art Competition, Atelier Z, Paris, France, from 17 to 23 April 2004
- Autumn exhibition, "Le Centenaire", Paris, France, November 2003
- Collective exhibition of 10 artists, "Peinture-s", halle industrielle de Sécheron SA, Geneva, Switzerland, from 2 to 30 May 2003
- Collective exhibition with C. Maillefer, "Géométriques", galerie Cour St Pierre, Geneva, Switzerland, from 12 September to 8 October 2002
- "Peintures sérielles", Chapelle des Arts, Geneva, Switzerland, from 6 April to 18 May 2001
- "Matière-lumière", Chapelle des Arts, Geneva, Switzerland, from 9 to 23 December 1998
- "Visages et paysages" at Fontaine Décoration, Geneva, Switzerland, from 1 to 11 May 1996