$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 4 fans
Genève (12), Switzerland
Ivan Sizonenko was born in Paris, France in September 1960 and has lived in Geneva, Switzerland since 1969.
He obtained a Master's degree in Physics at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne in 1983. In 1993, he obtained a Bachelor's degree in Science, History and Philosophy.
After practising fine art photography for 15 years, he felt the need to conduct a more in-depth research of colour and material. The limitations of the photographic techniques drove him to search for a richer language by which he could more readily express himself. This language is painting.
There is a need for gesture, for a physical relationship with matter. He desires more personal colours. By playing with the parameters and structure of images, colour and materials became a turning point in his life.
Graduated as an engineer-physicist from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne in 1983 and in history and philosophy of science from the University of Geneva in 1993.
- Salon des Réalités Nouvelles, Paris, France, 2004-2007, 2009-2018
- Collective exhibition "Art et mathématiques", galerie Abstract Project, Paris, France, March 2018
- Mondial A3, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, June-July 2009 "1999-2006"
- Hôtel Ramada, Geneva, Switzerland, May 2007
- "Chromophonies", galerie L’Artquarium, Geneva, Switzerland, November 2005
- Collective exhibition, galerie Gora, Montréal,Québec, Canada, July 2005
- 21st Artex, Association japonaise d’Art Contemporain, galerie Ono, Tokyo, Japan, December 2004
- 1st Amagasaki International Contemporary Art Competition, Japanese Association of Contemporary Art, Shinto Isagu Sanctuary, Kamisakabe Cultural Village, Osaka, Japan, October 9, 10 and 11, 2004
- 20th Artex, Japanese Association of Contemporary Art, Ward-Nasse gallery, New York, USA, July 2 to 8, 2004,
- Winner of the Special Prize IX Contemporary Art Competition, Atelier Z, Paris, France, from 17 to 23 April 2004
- Autumn exhibition, "Le Centenaire", Paris, France, November 2003
- Collective exhibition of 10 artists, "Peinture-s", halle industrielle de Sécheron SA, Geneva, Switzerland, from 2 to 30 May 2003
- Collective exhibition with C. Maillefer, "Géométriques", galerie Cour St Pierre, Geneva, Switzerland, from 12 September to 8 October 2002
- "Peintures sérielles", Chapelle des Arts, Geneva, Switzerland, from 6 April to 18 May 2001
- "Matière-lumière", Chapelle des Arts, Geneva, Switzerland, from 9 to 23 December 1998
- "Visages et paysages" at Fontaine Décoration, Geneva, Switzerland, from 1 to 11 May 1996