$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 19 fans
TROYES (10), France
Born in Troyes, François Davot is a painter and illustrator of children’s books and historical documentaries for major publishing houses in France and abroad.
If he relies on reality and strives to render the traces of time through his technique in order to confront them with evocations of the present, it is to better underline the ambiguity between the displayed realism of the subject and the part of the imagination he induces.
The paving, walls or doors marked by time (sometimes close to abstraction) are distant, the coloured rectangles energize and bring us closer. The whole thing gives a timeless look. "Individuals locked in their world, both close to us and distant..."
Beaux Arts de Troyes Modeler at Editions Flammarion
- Talents Pontois 2019
- Galerie L’Arrivage, Troyes 2016
- Salon Art, Saint-Germain 2015
- Salon des Artistes, Sancéens 2014
- Salon des Indépendants, Grand Palais, Paris 2013
- Maison du Boulanger, 2012
- Salon Automne, Paris 2012
- Maison du XVIième, Bar-sur-Seine 2011
- Société Générale, Troyes 2010
- Hôtel de Ville de Sens 2009
- Espace Argence, Troyes 2008
- Mairie Nogent-s sur Seine 2007