Due to the COVID-19 situation, delivery times are impeded. We hope to bring you joy through art during this time.
Follow 11 fans
Montreuil (93), France
Looking is not enough, you have to see, see everything, see better. And feel. Through observation, the object appears in all its complexity. Thus, working after the model is not to be seen as a way of copying what is in front of your eyes, but rather as an exercise in awareness. A simple reproduction cannot compete with this presence, with this incarnation. Imitation is of no help, you have to create, compose, find your way.
Unlearning to relearn. First, the pencil is used to delimit the area. In its wake, the registered trademarks are all beacons. With strokes of lines, traces, Guillaume Larroque turns around the motif, moves forward, steps back, finds landmarks. Gradually, a rhythm is established. Observation and drawing are balanced, intertwined to become one. The line is anchored, the lines are deeper, the gesture more secure.
" Le drawing then seems to enrich my vision of reality and this vision in turn clarifies the drawing. Something appears, which surprises me: what was still abstract becomes figurative, the vision that I had reached what I have before my eyes. " - Guillaume Larroque
- Artistic preparation at the ECV Ateliers des beaux-arts de la ville de Paris (Belleville)
- Workshops by Yannick François, Helène Crettien and Piera Rossi
Personal exhibitions :
- May 2015: KitClopes exhibition space, Paris 10e
- May 2014: "Les Tanneries" cultural space in La Ferrière-sur-Risle, Normandy
- January 2014: KitClopes exhibition space, Paris 10e
Group exhibitions :
- March 2017: "BODY" exhibition: Gallery l'Expo - Paris 14th
- May 2016: Laurence Mauguin Publishing - Paris 6e
- May 2016: Exhibition of works selected for the Pierre David-Weill Drawing Prize, Institut de France - Paris 6e
- October 2015: Neighbourhood(s) at work, residence and collective exhibition, Galerie L'Expo, Paris 14th
- June 2014: Exhibition of works selected for the Pierre David-Weill Drawing Prize, Institut de France - Paris 6e
- June 2013: Evreux City Hall, as part of the Paliss'Art competition