Follow 7 fans
Paris (75), France
Léonalix works with a unique material: the Lubrizo material, a type of character extracted from his "tics of representation" as a teenager. Lubrizo is declined at different levels of deformation and abstraction from the original form of these characters, in the same way that a classical material is deformed, altered and mixed with others.
His approach is built around the exploration of the possibilities offered by this material and its association with others in the context of multimedia productions, in order to use it to develop temporary ideas. This research is particularly oriented towards system operations and the creation of inclusive and immersive atmospheres and environments.
It is embodied in sculptures, interactive installations, scenographic universes, but also in paintings on canvas and walls and drawings, where the Lubrizo is woven in colours and intertwined shapes. This process has an experimental function and the result is intended to be resolutely active on and reactive with the person who experiences it.
Léonalix holds a master’s degree in Territorial and Urban Strategies (STU) from Sciences Po Paris as well as a double degree in social sciences and mathematics, from Sciences Po and from the University of Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne.
Throughout her studies, she already produced many paintings and sculptures and participated in exhibitions. She spends a year on an academic exchange at the American University of Vassar College, where she follows Professor Tyler Rowland’s sculpture courses in the "studio art" department.
Between her two years of master’s studies at Sciences Po, she took advantage of a year’s break to complete a one-year internship as an assistant to the contemporary sculptor Mauro Corda.
- Walter Laguerre & Léonalix, Le Grand Léon, Paris 18th, 2019
- Exhibition and multidisciplinary evening for the launch of the Aimroad brand, Streets Hotel, Paris 11th, 2014
- Nuit Blanche - Open house for artists’ studios in Ivry-sur-Seine, organized by the Galerie Fernand Léger at Villa 111, 2014
- "Shed Show, student show presenting a series of interactive works, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA, 2012
- Exhibition "Banalities", based on Jean Guiony’s collection of poems of the same name. Paintings and sculptures by Léone-Alix Mazaud, video Félix Schoeller, texts by Jean Guiony. Installations by Léone-Alix Mazaud and Jean Guiony. Villa 111, Ivry-sur-Seine, 2011