$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Toulouse (31), France
Born in 1969, Sandrine Follère began woodcarving at the age of 16. Two years later, a first exhibition (in Brittany) encouraged her to go to Paris to learn how to work the land and draw a living model. In 1988, she carved her first stone portrait, that of Michelangelo: her vocation was confirmed. She began her training at the studio in Boulogne-Billancourt of Jacques Gestalder, a sculptor from the French school of figurative sculpture, of which she was a student from 1990 to 1995.
From 1993 to 1995, she was also a student of sculptor Lisbeth Delisle and moulder Robert Nogués at the Ecole de la Glacière in Paris. Artistic projects, prizes, exhibitions follow one another: Sandrine Follère is the youngest sculptor selected at the event "Mont-de-Marsan Sculptures, figurative sculpture from 1945 to today" in 1994.
In 1995, his first solo exhibition at the Centre Charles Péguy in Orléans allowed the public to discover his talent in drawing and sculpture. In 2005, she exhibited nearly fifty works at the Taylor Foundation (Paris). His series of portraits in painting, "Des Gens", was made public at the Novela, at the Centre des Congrès Pierre-Baudis (Toulouse) in 2010.
A retrospective of his work took place in 2015 at the Mazades cultural centre (Toulouse). Since 2005, she has lived and worked in Toulouse teaching in her studio and, since 2010, as part of the Supaero Arts and Cultures course at ISAE.
Having followed a classical training in sculpture, particularly in portraiture, which has a predominant place in her artistic research, Sandrine Follère had the necessity to return to a refined drawing 5 years ago, with the bias of the pen. The rigour of the stroke allowed him to question the structure, the construction, the risk of telling the story in the heart of the subject, of the body. The line worked with a black pen or Indian ink redefines the space inhabited by the body and its limits. The shapes are connected by arrowed directions with a red pen creating a link between inside and outside, new boundaries, opening up other spaces allowing a different reading of the body inscribed in its intimate geography.
2007: diploma in psychiatry, media psychotherapy and creativity at the Paul Sabatier University (Toulouse)
2005: diploma of art therapist at Profac (Arles)
1985-1988: CAP as an ornamental woodcarver in Auray
- Expositipn as part of the Diacony of Beauty in Cannes and on the island of Lérins
- Salon Comparisons (Grand-Palais and quai Branly in Paris)
- Salon d'Automne (Grand-Palais in Paris)
- Salon de la Société Nationale des Beaux-Arts (Grand-Palais et Carrousel du Louvre in Paris
- Salon Violet (Paris)
- Salon International d'Art contemporain de Pékin (China)
- Manifestation "Mont de Marsan Sculptures" (Figurative Sculpture from 1945 to the present day)
- Galerie A Part (3ème arr. Galerie Claire de Villaret (5th arrondissement in Paris)
- Galerie Maig Davaud (6th arrondissement in Paris)
- Galerie Herouet (3rd arrondissement in Paris)
- Exhibition at the Salon de Chocolat in Toulouse as part of the drawing commission for the 30th Carte des Saveurs du chocolatier CRIOLLO
- Slide show of portraits of Yves and Augustin Charnet projected during Yves Charnet's reading at the Théâtre Sorano as part of the Marathon des Mots.
- Slide show of the series "Les âmes" and performance as part of Anne Lefèvre's new creation, "Je dirais qu'il est trop tard quand je sera morte" at the Théâtre Le Vent des Signes in Toulouse
- Exhibition "Contrastes" (drawings, Paintings and sculptures)
- Lecturer at the Centre Culturel des Mazades (Toulouse) on the themes of portrait and body
- Exhibition of the series of portraits in sculpture "Classical musicians" at the Orangery of Rochemontès during the concert of flutist Sandrine Tilly and pianist Anne Le Bozec
- Lecturer at the Centre Culturel Bonnefoy (Toulouse) on the theme of creation with Hélène Duffau, writer
- Speaker at the Centre Culturel Bonnefoy (Toulouse) with slide show of the series of portraits in painting,"Wanted, avec ou cent" realized on the theme of celibacy
- Exhibition of the series of portraits in painting, "Des Gens" at the Centre des Congrès Pierre Baudis de Toulouse as part of the Festival des Savoirs Partagés "La Novela"
- Slideshow of the series "Des Gens" in Diagora Labège as part of the Salon La Mêlée Numérique
- Sculpture exhibition at the Bibliothèque de l'Ordre des Avocats at the Tribunal de Grande Instance in Toulouse.
- Exhibition of drawings, paintings and sculptures at the Taylor Foundation (9th district of Paris)
- Galerie A Part (3rd district of Paris)
- Galerie Claire de Villaret (5th district of Paris)
- Centre Charles Péguy (Orléans)