$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 31 fans
Orvault (44), France
Abstract painter, Martine Le Bidan has recently turned to portrait painting, which she affectionately calls "her crazy Toto heads", which navigate between singular art and street art.
Faced with the blank canvas, it is first of all the abstract that emerges through his backgrounds, then his portraits of individuals, sometimes poetic, sometimes truculent, sometimes humorous, but always touching, are added. Inspired by Basquiat, Miro, Picasso, her characters challenge visitors with their alternately joyful, melancholic, dreamy or mischievous looks.
His sharp, unstructured line allows him to capture faces, emotions, making them express his own vision of today's society. Concerned about remaining spontaneous, she lets herself be carried away by the moment, intuition and her feelings. The harmony of colours and shapes allows the artist to propose canvases that radiate a positive energy.
Brushes, spatulas and knives accompany his body language. She does not hesitate to use different techniques such as ink, pastel, acrylic, oil and collage, suggesting a multitude of readings of her works. His painting allows him to breathe life and imagination into the world with a few strokes of brushes and knives.
- Art exhibition of St Germain les Corbeil in 2012
- Biennale Les Amis de l'Art in Nantes 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018
- Le village des Arts au Vésinet 2014
- 111 des arts in Toulouse in 2015 and Lyon in 2016/2017
- Salon Arts Atlantic de la Rochelle in 2011/2013/2015
- Contemporary artists' exhibition in Honfleur in 2012/2013
- European exhibition in Rome in 2012/2013/2014
- SIAC in Marseille in 2013
- European exhibition in Belgium 2013/2014/2015
- ART3F International contemporary art exhibition in Nantes 2014 and 2015 and Rennes in 2015