Follow 74 fans
gif sur yvette (91), France
Valérie Le Meur is a figurative painter from Ile-de-France. Her universe is inspired by the city. Her urban landscapes are colorful, often warm with a use of bright colors and a powerful artistic touch.
She chooses acrylic as the medium that suits her best because she works in quick strokes, in successive layers, she is impatient and this technique allows her to give her painting a speed, a raw aspect, sometimes violent: she is in the emergency of the moment.
Valérie Le Meur's paintings are representations of contemporary, urban reality that she transforms to obtain a particular atmosphere. Often bittersweet, warm but sometimes nostalgic.
Since 2016, she exhibits in France and England: Salon d'Automne de Paris (2019-2020); in Giverny, Versailles, Paris, London...
Her paintings are bought by international private collectors, between Berlin and London, Singapore and Dallas and are in the public collection of Gif-sur-Yvette. Valérie Le Meur is also represented by the "Paul Stewart Gallery" in Paris.
Born in August 1965 in Boulogne-Billancourt, Valérie Le Meur lives and works in Gif-sur-Yvette.
Sensitive by nature and out of touch with the world around her, it was her encounter with the theater during her high school years that allowed her to discover an artistic universe in which she finally felt "at home".
She continued to study theater for years but it was when she moved to Gif-sur-Yvette in 2008 and took drawing and painting classes that she discovered acrylic painting with experienced artists. This art form became an obvious choice and will be from then on the artistic expression that will allow her to express her emotions and to create a link with the world around her.
Artist quoted at Artprice.
- November (dates to come): Salon des Beaux-arts de Boulogne-Billancourt
- November 13 to 28: Salon des Artistes du Val de Marne
- October 27 to 31: Salon d'Automne de Paris, Champs-Elysées
- from Oct. 2 to Oct. 10 : Biennale de Rambouillet, Bergerie du Château de Rambouillet
- Sept. 25 to Oct. 10: Salon de la Société artistique d'Etampes
- Sept. 24-26: Salon 4Art, solo exhibition, Halle des Blancs manteaux, Paris
- June 26: Art market, Saint-Germain en Laye
- June 11-13: Solo exhibition, Château de Belleville
- June 5 and 6: Opening of the studio, Gif-sur-Yvette
- Nov. 21 to Dec. 6: Salon des Artistes du Val-de-Marne / postponed
- from Nov. 2 to 22: Salon des Beaux-Arts de Boulogne-Billancourt, Espace Landowski / cancelled
- from Nov. 2 to 21 : Salon des Lauréats, Avray
- from Sept. 14 to Oct. 16 : Salon des Lauréats / cancelled
- from Sept. 11 to Oct. 14 : Salon d'Automne, Paris, Champs-Elysées / cancelled
- from Sept. 26 to Oct. 11 : Salon d'Etampes
Past events :
Auction by adjudication
- 2020 : Rouillac House
- 2019 : Salon d'Automne, Paris
- 2018 : London
- 2018 : Versailles
- 2017 and 2011 : Château de Belleville, Gif-sur-Yvette
- 2017 : Gallery of Plastic Arts, Paris
- 2017 : Desmaret Gallery
What they're saying: KAZoART Customers