$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Pussay (91), France
Born in 1960 in Paris, Christophe Dumont has lived and worked in Beauce since 1991. Coming from a family of art cabinetmakers, he has always known and loved the work of volume, as well as traditional materials. His apprenticeship is on the job, as a sculptor-decorator for live shows and events.
In 1987, Christophe Dumont discovered the monumental, synthetic materials and the poetry of the ephemeral. In 1991, when he enrolled at the Maison des Artistes, he began a personal research on his favourite theme: nature, with a preferred material, recycled metal.
To avoid feeling cramped in a specialty, he always invents new creatures, opens up to abstract sculpture, and searches for new materials to incorporate into his creations. To conclude, if the word "artist" has always bothered him, Christophe Dumont is now definitely living as a sculptor.
- 2 years of modelling course in Paris
- Self-taught for metal sculpture and large format sculpture
Personal exhibition :
- Musée Pompon de Saulieu
- Retrospective at Hôtel Dieu de Châteaudun
- Parc Boussard in Lardy
- Parc du château d'Esclimont in St-Symphorien le château
- Galerie Place des Arts in Caen
- Espace Déclic et Musée d'Etampes
- Parc et château de Monte Cristo de Marly-le-Roi
- Retrospective at Collégiale St-André in Chartres
- Galerie Le Trapèze, Paris,
- Espace St Nicolas, Coutances
- Duo exhibition at the Domaine départemental de Chamarande from 14/09/19 to 29/12/19