$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Paris (75), France
Hugo Livet was born in 1988 in Clermont-Ferrand and graduated from the École Supérieure d'Art de Clermont-Métropole. He lives and works in Paris.
His plastic proposals combine natural forms and structures with artificial processes, from which hybrid objects and images of deceptive appearance emerge.
"Hugo Livet's objects, drawings and installations require attention: from the body, the gaze, but also the mind. His visual puns are not only aimed at the amused smile; they also create a lasting interpretive disorder.
To the extreme finesse of the line of his zooms in fractal matter respond improbable sculptures cast by hand, stratum by stratum, as with a 3D printer. Where the process of realization adopts that of growth and structuring of life.
But these back and forth between micro and macro, nature and artifice, constantly reverse the effects. As if it were a question of pushing our interpretations of events, whether historical or scientific, to the limit. Do you see the universe as a perfect cosmogony? The geometry of the retouched clouds of the photographic series Observations proves you right: but it is certainly not what you expected." - Marie Cantos, April 2016
- DNSEP at the ESACM of Clermont-ferrand, congratulations of the jury (2012)
- DNAP at the ESACM of Clermont-ferrand, congratulations of the jury (2010)
- "Mirare", garden at Gare de Reuill, Paris (solo exhibition)
- "Geomorphs", 139Artspace, London (solo exhibition)
- "When attitudes become shapeless", Nuit Blanche Off 2017, Paris, 2017.
- "La pensée du tremblement", Jeune Création, Paris
- "Pop-up chaud", Nivet-Carzon gallery, Paris
- "TBA", TARS Gallery, Bangkok (Thailand)
- "Artists' Journey", Les Passerelles, Pontault-Combault
- "61° salon de Montrouge", Montrouge
- "Workshop in professional high school", "ESACM of Clermont-Ferrand
- "Chemin d'art", Biennale de Saint-Flour
- "Jeux d'eau", at the Muséum d'histoire naturelle du Havre
- "Magic Numbers", Palais des paris, Gunma (Japan)
- "Bordures", Syndicat Potentiel, Strasbourg
- "Echo(s))", Résonance de la Biennale d'art contemporain de Lyon, Novaciéries, Saint-Chamond
- "Tropismes(s)", 4th edition, Chanonat
- "So school", 58e salon de Montrouge
- "Les Enfants du Sabbat", 14th edition, Le Creux de l'enfer, Thiers
- "Première", 18th edition, Abbaye St André, Centre d'art contemporain de Meymacz