$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 6 fans
Montpellier (34), France
"Above all, I want to remain free. Free of my media and techniques. Each painting must be a new experience. »
In parallel to his profession as an architect, Camille Adra has chosen to focus on the plastic arts. Self-taught artist, inspired by the work of artists such as Keith Haring, Albert Dubout, Robert Combas and Hervé Di Rosa. His works reflect a certain diversity and there is no question of locking him into a specific pictorial movement.
In constant evolution, his first paintings mainly refer to surprising and humorous characters: grimaceous, joyful or satirical caricatures. In the most recent ones, we find these identities, this time in fusion with an urban landscape. Inspired by the city, a theme dear to the artist, Camille Adra transforms it through the filter of her imagination.
On walls, canvases, cardboard boxes or other supports, "freedom" is the key word of his research. Camille thinks, above all, of art as a means of expression leading to a social and cultural project. Make the public think, touch people's consciences, create art for all! Guided by this desire to share, he invests in public and private spaces.
Text by Sophie Valadas, 2017
Graduated from the Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Architecture de Montpellier in 2016.
- Figure Exhibition, Arterossa
Gallery - Collectif Edmond Art au 59 Rivoli, Paris
- Solo show ARPAC, Castelnau-le-Lez
- Solo show Galerie des Remparts, Bordeaux
- Solo show Agnès B., Montpellier
- Entry as a permanent artist at the Galerie des Remparts, Bordeaux
- Installation "Carton Plein" at the gallery "La Barak", Montpellier
- Solo show "Sacré Art Acte 2" with Anagraphis, Mèze
- Installation, "La Galerie Éphémère"n°5, Salines de Villeneuves-Lès- Maguelone
- Faces and Laces, Moscow
- UrbanDawn vol.II, Beirut, Lebanon
UrbanDawn, Almaty, Kazakhstan
111 des Arts, Lyon
111 des Arts, Paris