Follow 10 fans
St-Maur des Fossés (94), France
Guillaume Rist's dreamlike universe is often embodied in the themes of childhood, the animal world, nature and the night. His subjects are painted in silent, enigmatic and free from reality atmospheres, which remain very lively and stimulating for the imagination. We also find the theme of the landscape where a dreamed world mixes with the real world.
It is a work on movement that he approaches through colour, figuration and expressionist "gesture": exploring light, the contrast of colours as an expression of movement. His painting is influenced by expressionist and new fauwn painters from Max Beckmann to Miquel Barcelo, as well as David Hockney, both by the bright colour palettes and by the work of the material. It is part of a narrative artistic trend. This story evolves: each spectator reinterpreting with their own eyes.
Acrylic on canvas mainly, associated with collage and ink. Another medium completes his work on canvas: digital painting. With the technique of digital prints and drawings made on digital tablets and graphic palettes, he experiments with a more contemporary rendering that plays in particular on the superposition of lines and solid colours.
- In addition to his studies in design - graphic option - at the ESDI (École supérieure de design industriel), from which he graduated in 1995, he learned painting on his own. This practice remained a personal passion to become a professional when he decided to devote more time to it.
- Artistic Director within Communication-Publishing Agencies
- Independent graphic designer
- Professional experience in graphic communication and illustration
- Maryse Eloy School of Art, preparation for the competitions of the higher schools of art
- ESDI School of Industrial Design, diploma of the ESDI / specialization graphic design
- Salon des Arts de St-Maurice
- Artothèque de St-Maur des Fossés
- Open house workshop days
Autumn Fair - Artists & Sharing - Art on a Walk - St-Germain-en-Laye Art
Market - St-Maur des Fossés Art
- Salon des Artistes du Val de Marne
- Artothèque de St-Maur-des-Fossés
- Salon d'automne de Boulogne-Billancourt
- Salon des arts plastiques de St-Denis
- L'Art en promenade
What they're saying: KAZoART Customers