Due to the COVID-19 situation, delivery times are impeded. We hope to bring you joy through art during this time.
Follow 14 fans
Ways (14), Belgium
Christian Dugardeyn (DUGA) is a Belgian artist born in Brussels in 1963. He is an artist of emotion and free expression. After an inescapable passage through the Fine Arts, he was able to emancipate himself from the artistic techniques taught and make his instinctive emotions (re)speak. He paints and sculpts viscerally, in a state of regression, on the margins of contemporary artistic trends.
He gives free rein to his emotions through different techniques, drawing, painting and sculpture remaining his favourite mediums. The early arts, African art, Oceanian art, Amerindian art, raw art, childish art have strongly marked him. It has its roots in it. Among the contemporary artists, Basquiat, Combas and the free figuration movement, Aléchinsky, Appel and the Cobra group, Picasso, Schiele and expressionism, Dubuffet and Art Brut, Street Art, ... have permeated his work. An artist cannot remain in his own corner, isolated. He must open up, reshape the influences of the past that speak to him.
In Picasso, Basquiat and Street Art, it is the distortions of the characters that interest him while keeping a certain anatomical fidelity and gesturality. The writing and graffiti of Street Art interest him by the fluidity and speed of the gesture as well as by the explosion of colors. Anything is possible.
Académie des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles "Active Unlearning" since then.
- Duo exhibition with Pooshy Lebaron at the Arbre à Plumes gallery, Brussels
- ACAF POP UP Maasmecehelen Village Exhibition 13 artists
- Production of posters: hand hygiene campaign, Braine L'Alleud-Waterloo Hospital, Chirec
- Common exhibition, Gallery L'Arbre à Plumes, Brussels
- Accessible Art Fair, BOZAR
- Solo exhibition Gallery L'Arbre à Plumes, Brussels
- Exhibition Atelier Duga, Mont-Saint-Guibert
- Spring Art Salon, Ancienne Nunciature, Sablon, Brussels
- 113th Salon du Bon Vouloir, Mons
- Galerie Chaon, Grandville
- Art Club Gallery, Paris
- Accessible Art Fair Jewish Museum, Brussels
- Art and Archery Soignies
- Exo duga-wado Maison des Arts Uccle
- Rollebeek Gallery
- Salon Le Bon Vouloir, Mons
- Salon d'ART Contempprain ART3F, Paris La Villette
- "L'ULB et la VUB s'exposent", Brussels
- Compagnie des Cadres, Namur
- Artshopping, Le Carrousel du Louvre
- Sculpture exhibition, Galerie des 5 visages, Mons
- Solo exhibition, ONE LINE AND COLORS, Tournai
- Siac, Marseille
- Le Louvre Carrousel Salon Artshopping, Paris
- Art events, Namur
- Exhibition ART Momentum Gallery Knokke