$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 139 fans
Through the use of a multitude of artistic mediums ranging from painting to sculpture, DUGA, brings together a particular aesthetic in his works. This Belgian artist finds his roots, his influences, in the primitive arts, African art, Oceanic art, Amerindian art, brut art but also in naive art.
Born in 1963 in Brussels, Christian Dugardeyn (alias DUGA) is an artist belonging to the Free Expression movement. After an essential stint at the Fine Arts, he quickly freed himself from the artistic techniques taught to refocus on his instinctive emotions. He paints and sculpts viscerally, in a state of regression and on the fringes of contemporary artistic trends.
DUGA gives free rein to his emotions through different techniques: drawing, painting and sculpture. Among the contemporary artists who have permeated his work, we find among others Basquiat and Combas. From the free figuration movement, DUGA is notably inspired by Aléchinsky, Appel and the Cobra group. Without forgetting Picasso, Schiele and Expressionism as well as Dubuffet, Art Brut and Street Art. According to him, an artist cannot remain isolated in his corner, he must open up, soak up influences from the past in order to reshape them and create.
In Picasso, Basquiat and in Street Art, it is the deformations of the characters that interests him, with the preservation of a certain anatomical fidelity and gesturality. From Street Art, writings and graffiti, he particularly retains the fluidity and speed of the gesture as well as the explosion of colors.
Académie des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles "Active Unlearning" since then.
- Duo exhibition with Pooshy Lebaron at the Arbre à Plumes gallery, Brussels
- ACAF POP UP Maasmecehelen Village Exhibition 13 artists
- Production of posters: hand hygiene campaign, Braine L'Alleud-Waterloo Hospital, Chirec
- Common exhibition, Gallery L'Arbre à Plumes, Brussels
- Accessible Art Fair, BOZAR
- Solo exhibition Gallery L'Arbre à Plumes, Brussels
- Exhibition Atelier Duga, Mont-Saint-Guibert
- Spring Art Salon, Ancienne Nunciature, Sablon, Brussels
- 113th Salon du Bon Vouloir, Mons
- Galerie Chaon, Grandville
- Art Club Gallery, Paris
- Accessible Art Fair Jewish Museum, Brussels
- Art and Archery Soignies
- Exo duga-wado Maison des Arts Uccle
- Rollebeek Gallery
- Salon Le Bon Vouloir, Mons
- Salon d'ART Contempprain ART3F, Paris La Villette
- "L'ULB et la VUB s'exposent", Brussels
- Compagnie des Cadres, Namur
- Artshopping, Le Carrousel du Louvre
- Sculpture exhibition, Galerie des 5 visages, Mons
- Solo exhibition, ONE LINE AND COLORS, Tournai
- Siac, Marseille
- Le Louvre Carrousel Salon Artshopping, Paris
- Art events, Namur
- Exhibition ART Momentum Gallery Knokke