Follow 2 fans
Montreuil (93), France
The painter Delphine Collot Millas alias CoLLot D2L questions us, is she like those cells that develop in the chrysalis allowing its transformation into a butterfly? With her "genetic baggage" - she comes from an artistic background - she was predisposed to take an interest in art, if not programmed, but her artistic mutation, which had been maturing since childhood, was accelerated by these types of events, which are not necessarily random. Then, in his artist's matrix, one fine day, came the bean battalions.
In order or scattered, monochrome or barded with colours and mysterious signs, they can travel through a familiar or foreign body, forming a genetically different corpus with each new canvas, as if two different genes, the concept gene and the emotion gene, were to end up mating. And his beans to get away from their family (Support-Surface), to live their mutant life with a beautiful imprudence. They wander around in places where you don't expect them, picking out his little artist gene of random propositions.
For Viallat, the artistic family to which she can be attached, the subject is non-form and deconstruction, whereas for Delphine Collot-Millas the subject is, on the contrary, the form in mutation, a force of construction and a surge of life. If the repetition intervenes, it is to make it advance on a problem of a plastic nature and its beans, "forms in mutation" become progressively too human, the paragon of the groping of medical research, of its advances, which fascinates her. His accidents, too. The perfect gene does not exist, neither does the artist's unequivocal path. She prefers equivocation, which allows her to lift the veil lightly on issues relating to the medical and societal field: how are those who are different treated in a normative society?
Women who cannot have children, the disabled, people with rare diseases... are the tiny part of an iceberg created by an environment plagued by invisible violence that generates serious dysfunctions while society focuses on what is visible.
She named her concept: "The imaginary" or how in nature, the imaginary cells, those that fight against the existing cells of the chrysalis end up victorious in the battle to give birth to the butterfly. She loves the image, metaphor and symbol that embrace the imaginary and a genetic reality. It programs nothing, proclaims nothing but questions the world of the cell in its current environment. A very contemporary work.
- Text by Armelle Leclercq
- Training with live models, 2019
- Street-art workshop _ handling sprays and knowing the rules of street-artists, June 2017
- Coaching " réussir sa vie d'artiste " by Brigitte Camus, 2014
- Live model drawing course at Atelier Soulage, 2007
- ERASMUS exchange with the Fine Arts of Seville (Spain), 1996
- Rouen Regional School of Fine Arts, 1995-1997
- Atelier de Sèvres Rue de Sèvres, Paris 1994-1995
- SPECTRUM Miami with Mecenavia
- Art 3F Brussels with Mecenavia
- Festival Les Papillons, Carpentras
- ARTBOX.PROJECT Zürich 1.0
Crown Plaza Hotel,Neuilly-sur-Seine
- Auction organized by the MoLA museum in Drouot
- Street-art fresco during the Festival Arts Olympiades, Paris
- Gala and auction with "Make.a.wish" at the Pavillon Cambon, Paris
Auction organized by Siel de Paris Salle des ventes Rossini, Paris
ArtShopping with ERYA at Carrousel du Louvre Paris 1
- A LA VIE ! with Brigitte Camus. Atelier Pablo, Paris
- Exhibition guest of honour at the Château d'Aux, Gueugnon 71
- Invited by Dominique Dou, Poet, Installation of work during the prelude evening of the 32nd Poetry Market, Paris
- Auction organized by Siel de Paris, Salle des ventes Rossini, Paris
- " Le blé en Beauce " 12th Biennial Edition of Contemporary Art ERYA
- " Au Cœur des Imaginales " Tour Saint-Nicolas at Paray le Monial 71
- Ephemeral workshop during one month in the heart of the Mairie du 2, Mairie du 2°, Paris " Deux femmes " with Brigitte Camus
- Atelier Pablo, Paris
1991 to 1998
- Salon des artistes du 2, Mairie du 2°, Paris
- Salon du Club des Arts du centre de Paris
- Société des Artistes en Miniatures et arts précieux, Antony
- Guest of honour at the Salon du Club des Arts du centre de Paris
- Several times : Salon des Peintres du Marais at the Espace des Blancs Manteaux Paris / Salon des Artistes du 2, Mairie du 2° Paris / Salon Arts-Sciences-Lettres at the Galerie THUILLIER, Paris / Marché de l'Art de St-Germain-en-Laye / Salons Régional. Hall des expositions, Gueugnon / Atelier des Peintres du Marais with Jérôme Royer, Paris Festival / Les Féd'Arts en Ménulphie
What they're saying: KAZoART Customers