Follow 8 fans
Laifour (08), France
"You're here to learn how to embellish life, never desecrate your art." These words pronounced by his master, Elie Badré, showed him the path to follow: it would be that of art, a permanent search for beauty through forms, matter and light.
Hervé Tonglet began his artistic career at Place du Tertre in Paris where he was noticed to exhibit with Salvador Dali in Nice in 1973. In 1989, Belgium awarded him the Grand Prix du Prestige Européen for the body of his work. He defines himself today, after more than 50 years of career, as an "art worker".
In his workshop in Laifour (Ardennes) on the banks of the Meuse, he gives form and life to materials: earth, marble, wood, bronze, steel and blue stone. His favourite subjects are mythology, religion, arts, body and soul, love, man.
He purifies to the maximum the forms of his subjects by means of an angular style, the happy conclusion of several years of research: to finally materialize the trait dear to architecture creating these lines giving more strength to the idea. The light is trapped in real cages formed by the corners, forced to bend to the designer's requirements.
- Apprenticeship at the age of 14 in a Modeling workshop (C.A.P Modeling - Moulding)
- Training in Art Modeling with Marcel BERNARD, Meilleur Ouvrier de France.
- Pupil of the Ardennes Sculptor, Elie BADRE, Meilleur Ouvrier de France, trained in Paris in 1920 by the Masters BOUCHARD and LANDOWSKI, BOURDELLE-RODIN lineage.
- Exhibition at the Briand Gallery, Royan
- Exhibition at the 3rd International Contemporary Art Fair in San Sebastian, Spain
- Exhibition at the Sky Art Gallery in Barcelona, Spain
- Exhibition at the French Embassy in Brussels, Belgium
- Exhibition at the Ward Nasse Gallery, New York and permanently since then
- Exhibition in Mantua, Italy
- Art3F Paris Exhibition
exhibition at the Galerie Vendôme, Paris
Exhibition Salvador Dali in the presence of the artist in Nice