$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 12 fans
CHOUY (02), France
Thalie B. Vernet has a beautiful name that it takes from the reigns of Louis VII and Philippe Auguste. Coming from the nobility of arms, the young Thalie does not intend to handle them and enters very early in the Arts, as one enters in religion.
Music, literature and equestrian art become her daily life and lead her on the path of poetry and reverie that have never left her since. The photo comes into her life, as it often does, through a camera received as a gift that leaves her perplexed. Nevertheless, she takes her first pictures on which her cat and horses are in a good place...
Became a young woman, Thalie B. Vernet moved to Argentina for a few years. For a long time now, his photographs no longer reflect the immediately visible everyday life but reveal what lies beneath the surface. She no longer photographs animals only to capture the happy moments spent in their company and now fixes in her lens the most predictable and unpredictable animal that is the human being.
Each of her photographs tells a story, like a sample of her past life, of her days that she presents modestly to others. Nothing narcissistic, though. She treats her photographs like paintings, constantly reworking them until she achieves the purest emotion in her eyes. Staring at the pictures is very important to him. It represents the key to emotions, the one that transmits feelings, suffering.
Because the photographer reveals himself as much as his model, Thalie B. Vernet can't make portraits of complete strangers. Alchemy, sharing laughter, emotions are necessary for him. Thalie B. Vernet draws on his sensitivity to give life to his photos, which often highlight the paradoxes of his personality. She often laughs and says that she couldn't ride a horse if she wasn't wearing make-up and yet she plays on the masculine side that her very short hair gives her to impose herself in a world often made up of men.
In this process, she gives free rein to her dark side or her anger and in fact likes to work on social issues such as discrimination against homosexuality or the silence that is always too heavy when it comes to violence against women, two subjects that are close to her heart. Neither an activist nor a lecturer, Thalie B. Vernet creates silent images that at second glance let out muffled screams below the smooth surface of his photographic prints. And because she is a very cheerful woman, she also knows how to capture simple, unadorned happiness and give it a depth that lifts it away from all the superficiality or inconsistency that is sometimes associated with simply happy people.
Exhibition "Le Salon des Artistes Français" as part of the "Art Capital" exhibition at the Grand Palais, Paris (February)
- Common exhibition organized by OAK GALLERY, Toulouse
- Private exhibition OAK GALLERY, Toulouse
- Le Salon d'Automne au Grand Palais, Paris
- Exhibition "Symbiose", Le Moulin d'en Haut, Dormans
- Exhibition "VADIVILLE 2019", Ferme de Vadiville, Pévy
- Salon de Printemps, Le Moulin d'en Haut, Dormans
- Exhibition "EN CORPS ET ENCORE", Les Faiseurs d'Art Noyon, Oise
- Exhibition "Le Salon des Artistes Français" as part of the exhibition "Art Capital"
- Exhibition at La Pigna Gallery, Vatican, Rome
- Exhibition "Le Salon d'Automne" at the Grand Palais, Paris
- Cercle Medeya Lemdiya
- Grand Salon du petit Format at Espace Niel Maison des Associations, Toulouse
- Exhibition at ART PALM SPRINGS at Denis BLOCH Fine ART, PALM SPRINGS, California
- Exhibition "Le Salon des Artistes Françai"s as part of the exhibition "Art Capital" at the Grand Palais, Paris
- Exhibition at LA Art Show at Denis BLOCH Fine ART, Los Angeles
- Exhibition at the Salon d'Automne at the Grand Palais, Paris
- Les Ephémarts at the Clos Gallice, Epernay
- Salon d'Art Contemporain at the Chapelle du Séminaire de Moissac
- Printemps des Arts exhibition at Réthel, Ardennes
- ArTalents, Visual Arts Competition, Exhibition Hall Place Pierre Bérégovoy, Guyancourt
- Galerie 3F Paris 18e, Montmartre
- Festival d'Art Actuel Atelier llios Bilias
- Spring Arts Exhibition, Rethel, Ardennes
- Exhibition at the Espace Saint Pierre les Minimes, Compiègne
- Exhibition at the Villa Douce, Reims, Marne
- Exhibition Les Faiseurs d'Art, Noyon, Oise
- SPF "Espace Mompezat" Paris, Odéon
- PFE Choisy exhibition at the Bac, Oise
- Galerie Monod, Paris
- Festival PFE Saint Pierre les Bitry, Oise