$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 8 fans
PARIS (75), France
Born in Paris in 1965, Ema Courtois attended the School of Applied Arts in the Fashion section. She worked for 25 years in the fashion industry as a stylist and illustrator. She always had this dream of dedicating herself to painting, which she now does full time.
Ema Courtois likes to paint horizons, the sky, because the landscape is eternal, we are passing by, but he is not. She can spend hours watching a sky change and go through all the colours. As her passage in fashion has marked her, she also paints bodies, and now undresses them in a way. She develops this theme in parallel with her horizons.
During her travels, Ema Courtois practices drawing and watercolour in particular. Painting requires a great rigour and a lot of requirements. This is why she can spend several months on the same canvas, like a quest for self-improvement.
Ema Courtois has been awarded several times for different paintings: "What really pleases me is that the emotion I want to convey brings together a jury and spectators with whom it is possible to share and be understood".
- Ecole supérieure des arts appliqués Duperré (Fashion section curriculum).
- Fashion institute of technology New York
- Evening classes at the Beaux Arts, Paris
- Currently evening classes in sculpture (Beaux-Arts, Paris) in parallel to the practice of painting in the studio.
- Early May: exhibition at the Grenier à Sel, Normandy
- Salon d'Etampes, Espace Jean Lurçat
- Galerie Menil, Paris
- Galerie L'Œil, Paris
- Galerie Achronique, Paris
- Salon de Janville/June 92
Nuit Blanche at 100 rue de Charenton, Paris
Salon de Charenton-le-Pont