Due to the COVID-19 situation, delivery times are impeded. We hope to bring you joy through art during this time.
ST MENOUX (03), France
Self-taught, Didier Brot is a watercolorist, globe-trotting notebook artist who, brushes in hand, travels the planet with his trainees. Nevertheless, he leaves the work of the workshop, a privileged place of permanent research in order not to sink into routine.
An engineer specialising in the pharmaceutical industry, he has devoted himself entirely to watercolour for more than 13 years. Didier Brot wants to be known but not recognized. He likes to define himself by a phrase from Picasso: "Success is dangerous. You start copying yourself and copying yourself is more dangerous than copying others... it's sterile." This is why he is constantly looking for new writings, new media, with constantly renewed themes.
He exhibits regularly in France and abroad (Holland, Italy, China, Australia, Canada, etc...) and has published 6 books including a didactic on watercolour on synthetic support with Ulysseéditions.
Self-taught professional painter.
Member of the NWS (National Watercolor Society, USA)
- January 9 to 15 6th International Watercolor Festival in Kota, Rajasthan
- from 20 to 29 March, Mostra di Su Zhou in China
- from 4 to 26 April, International Biennial of Leon (Brittany)
- from 18th to 26th April, 3rd International Biennial of Coquelles (North)
- from 25th to 31st May, FabrianoInAcquarello
- from 1st to 5th June, exhibition in Milan
- from 9 to 13 September, group exhibition in Tours with Joëlle Krupa
- from 12 to 20 September, international biennial Landes Aquarelle in Morcenx
Other years :
- Mount Lushan International Watercolour Festival in China,
- International Watercolour Festival IWS Portugal,
- Biennials of watercolour of Toulouse,
- International Biennial of Watercolour of Narbonne "Aud'aquarelle",
- International watercolour exhibition in Fabriano (Italy)
- Biennale internationale d'aquarelle de Namur (Belgium),
- Saint Chamond International Biennial of Watercolour of Saint Chamond,
- Shanghai International Watercolour Biennial,
- Morestel's watercolorists' spring in 2010 and 2012
- Festivals Aquarel'Eure in Gaillon (27)
- Sainte Féréole International Biennials of watercolour painting (19),
- International Haillan Festival (27)
- International watercolour meeting in Santa Cruz (Portugal).
- Festival of watercolourists of Bagnols en Beaujolais (69) in 2009 and 2011,
- Watercolour Salon of Aiguillon (47)
- Salon Françoise d'Aubigné in Saint Gelais (79)
- Watercolor Salon of Milly la Forêt (91),
- Uckange International Watercolour Salon,
- International watercolor exhibition of Saint Yriex la Perche (87)
- 7th and 8th Watercolour Festival of Pouilly les Nonains (42)
- Biennale de l'aquarelle de Rochemaure (07),
- Salon Eland'Art in Montpellier (34).
- Salon du Bourbonnais in Vichy(03)
- Salon des Artistes d'Auvergne in Clermont Ferrand in 2007, 2008, 2009
- Spring of the domitienne in Colombiers (34)
- Quissac International Exhibition (34)
- Salon of Saint Laurent des Arbres (30)
- La comédie du Livre in Montpellier (34) in 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Week End of the Beaurepaire travel diary
- 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th meeting of the Clermont-Ferrand travel diary.