$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 4 fans
LYON (69), France
Henri Lamy is a painter and performer. Born in 1985, based between Lyon (France) and Manila (Philippines), he started his career at the 59 Rivoli Art Center in Paris, after being initiated at a very young age by his father in the artistic field.
Henri Lamy's work is often marked by figuration, enhanced with bright colors and expressive compositions. This rendering is notably the result of the immediacy and spontaneity of acrylic.
In 2014, he combines his two passions to experiment a new form of body expression: capoeira-painting. The latter aims to unite a martial art, which stages interaction and play, with the random path of painting in space.
"Through explosive performances, I learned to detach myself from the figurative to make room for the unexpected. It was in this same dynamic that I had the opportunity to create frescoes, the fruit of a commitment to the discovery and appreciation of artistic creation." Henri Lamy
Concerned about artistic development and promotion, he founded with Maïa d'Aboville, in 2015 the Taverne Gutenberg, an artistic residency in the heart of Lyon. The main mission of the association is to promote young creation and break the codes that exist between the artist and the public, while becoming a place of exchange and encounters. In 2017 we created the first international extension of the Gutenberg Tavern in Manila (Philippines), whose main mission is the use of art as a social vector.
"My works are the fruit of research, experiments, meetings, associated with my values, in order to bring out emotions, feelings, but also questioning, intrigue, with the spectators, by placing the human being at the center of my work. These different mixes allow me to create portraits and re-imagined life scenes." Henri Lamy
- Residence at 59 Rivoli, Art Center, Paris
- Product design, Crépôle School, Paris
- BTS communication, Ecole Sup de Pub, Lyon
- "Linya", dance choreography with painting, directed by Elizabeth Roxas-Dobrish, Kondwi, Makati, Philippines.
- "Les Ateliers d'Artistes", group exhibition, Le Cartel, Lyon
-"Projet Métal 57, Modern Art Family X BNP Paribas Real Estate", fresco, Boulogne Billancourt, France
-"The three plants", fresco, Les Halles du Faubourg, France
"-Maïa et Tagine", fresco, Les Halles du Faubourg, France
- "One & Only Reethi Rah", Artistic Residency, North Male, Maldives
- "Les Eclusiers", group exhibition, Le Cartel, Lyon, France
- "Le rendez-vous des galeries", group exhibition, Loft 4.40, Lyon, France
- "G&M Design", artistic residence and performance, Monaco.
-"Kheepeenekian", fresco, Les Halles du Faubourg, Lyon, France
- "Disciples of Escoffier", performance and auction, Hong Kong Convention Centre, Hong Kong - Residency and performance of capoeira painting, French Institute of Cluj, Romania
- "Les Nouveaux Sauvages", group exhibition, Les Halles du Faubourg, Lyon, France
- "Chibanis", fresco, Ninkasi Gerland, Lyon, France
- "Power", solo exhibition, Qube Gallery, Cebu, Philippines
- "Figurations Nouvelles", group exhibition, 59 Rivoli Gallery, Paris, France
- "Dans quel état j'erre", collaborative exhibition, Gutenberg Tavern, Lyon, France
- Live Charity Painting, Bergonié Fondation, Bordeaux, France 2015
- Solo exhibition, Le Petit Bateau, Sydney, Australia
- "Faces from Elsewhere", Bouillon d'Art Gallery, Bordeaux, France
- "100ECS", group exhibition, 123 Daumesnil Gallery, Paris, France
- "Hope", solo exhibition, Modern Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand
- Artistic Residence, Le Cent, Paris, France
- Drawing lesson at the home of the orphanage, São Paulo, Brazil
- "La Désœuvre", group exhibition, Starter Gallery, Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- "Auction", Little sisters of the poor, San Francisco, USA.
- "Wanderlust", solo exhibition, Altromondo Gallery, Manila, Philippines
- Galerie Vue Privée, group exhibition, Singapore
- Artistic residence, Hôtel de Gallifet, Art Centre, Aix-en-Provence, France
- Artistic Residency, Fei Gallery (Cao Chang Di), Beijing, China
- Group exhibition, Modus Gallery, France
- "Kiss", Solo Exhibition, Galerie Saint Charles, Lyon, France
- Lille Art Fair, Saint Charles Gallery, Lille, France
- "A Fool's War", solo exhibition, Coral Contemporary, Nanjing, China
- Auction by Henri Anton, Westminster Hotel, Le Touquet, France
- Solo exhibition, Galerie Flateurville, Paris, France
- Artistic Residence, 59 Rivoli, Paris, France