$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 8 fans
Tarbes (65), France
Lara Blois grew up in Toulouse, in the south of France. At the age of 19 she started studying arts at the Jean Jaurès University in Toulouse, where she obtained her Master's degree in 2015.
In 2017, she begins a pictorial work that is characterized by misty and ethereal atmospheres as well as by incisive and moving forms. The artist's approach takes the form of a poetic questioning of the inner landscape and the relationship between reality and virtuality:
"Contemporary art is full of transversality. Today the links are constantly being woven between the real and the virtual. It is interesting to work the traditional pictorial medium in parallel with modern digital tools".
The artist's universe is thus a mixture of images collected on the canvas, dreamlike scenes, watery landscapes and enigmatic monuments.
Attracted by wide open spaces and activities immersed in nature, Lara Blois' technique, nourished by the German Romantics and the Flemish tradition of the 17th century, reveals subtle nuances thanks to a work of coloured greys and a saturated printing, which gives white its variations, through the play of transparencies and glazes.
- Capes arts plastiques (part-time teacher from 2015 to 2020 - availability)
- Master arts plastiques
- Licence histoire des arts / arts plastiques, Université Jean Jaurès, Toulouse
Agora Bordeaux, April 2020 (postponed)
- Galerie des Corsaires, Bayonne, France
- Salon artistique d'Aureilhan, France
- Biennale de Séméac, France,
- Artistic meetings in Maubourguet, France,
- Salon d'art d'Aureilhan, France
- Espace culturel, festival Jazz in Marciac, France, 2018