$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Bordeaux (33), France
Rodolphe Martinez was born in 1969 in Bordeaux. He works at Radio France as a program presenter and has been pursuing his career as a visual artist for more than 10 years.
His multifaceted work oscillates between photography, painting, video and design. A hybrid production where digital and traditional techniques (painting, drawing, sculpture, engraving and collages) intersect. He explores the ambiguity of the gaze and questions the equivocal relationship between painting and photography.
He is notably responsible for exhibitions in the public space such as the monumental tattoo of a tramway train in Bordeaux in 2015 (40 female faces) or a forest of cubic trees for the Fête du fleuve in 2015. He produces several series on female faces and bodies, clouds, trees, landscapes, summer, the road, Venice or the sacred with an exhibition on the crucifixion in the cathedral of St André in Bordeaux with the patronage of Bernard Magrez in 2012. A renewed collaboration in 2018 with a monographic exhibition on Venice at the Bernard Magrez Cultural Institute.
Other collaborations and projects include the creation of 120 unique hand-painted bags for the 120th anniversary of France's largest independent bookstore Mollat in 2016, the commission for the altar of St Peter's Church in Bordeaux and the creation of the Cité du Vin's patron trophy (80 pieces).
He publishes a series on summer in the Mag de Sud-Ouest for two months in 2016. Series exhibited on the grids of the Parc Bordelais de Caudéran during the summer of 2018.
Studies in literature and plastic arts
- "Gold", Monograph - Château Lafaurie Peyraguey Lalique, Premier Grand Cru Classé en 1855 Bommes (Gironde)
- Creation of the "LARMUR" gold bust for the Keep a Breast
Foundation - Artist associated with "La nuit des étoiles" of the Bergonié Foundation, Bordeaux
- "Gourmandises", Tattoo of a tramway train as part of Bordeaux So Good
- "En attendant l'été", Large-format exhibition on the gates of Parc Stéhélin de Caudéran and Parc Bordelais, Bordeaux
- "Venise" Monograph Bernard Magrez Cultural Institute
- "Creation of the "Trophées Mécènes" of La cite du vin, Bordeaux
- "Mollat 120 ans" Exhibition of 120 Mollat bags - Unique painted bags Ausone Station
- "Trees", Temporary exhibition of cubic trees on the quays of Bordeaux for La Fête du fleuve
- "Regarde-moi", Tattoo of a tramway train 40 female portraits Line C Bordeaux
- "Et pour vous qui suis-je?" (And for you who am I?) St Andre's Cathedral Bordeaux Patronage Bernard Magrez Cultural Centre
"Fragments" Halle des Chartrons Bordeaux Mécénat Vauban