$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Paris (75), France
French visual artist born in 1979. Very early on, she was passionate about artistic creation. Nature and the elements (materials, lights, colours, shapes...) have given him a taste for discovery and adventure, this openness of mind to the world defines his current work. Discovering art craftsmanship at her lifelong friend Lyseth’s, together they met Hassan Massoudy and collaborated on the creation of engravings on plaques, starting at the age of 19. The adventure, during long journeys in China in particular, opened up prospects for him towards what is now a matter of course, calligraphy. Noticed by Starter Gallery, in 2015 he will have the opportunity to spend several weeks in residence in one of the most important museums in Chengdu (city of 14 million inhabitants) to exhibit in three museums in Chengdu and test his technique with great international artists such as XuLiaoyuan, Qiu Guangping... Always open to the world, his approach is simple, the daily work allows learning and mastering the movement, which he works hard with his teacher Alexandra Laneve. This is how the "Signs" series was born and is now internationally recognized.
Chris Calvet has always taken care to develop his passion for painting. But his artistic approach does not stop there. Calligraphy also plays an important role in his work. The artist creates scenographies where ink and the sublime symbol of female models blend together. It is easy to feel the influence of China, to which he is very attached.
(Exhibition in China, Paris, Lausanne, Lausanne, Rome, Seoul...)
He needs in his work the importance of the human, which is why he has added to his paintings the plastic of models chosen for their expressiveness. The sign, since the dawn of time, is the expression of our humanity, the first graphic frescoes created in caves or on rocky walls in desert expanses, reflect the artist’s ability to fix in the essential gesture his interiority, and to transcend the emptiness of his existence, calling upon the collective imagination. The subjective power and the link that exists between the body of the model and the calligraphy line, according to Chris Calvet, are the transcription of this presence on earth and the unfailing link between nature and humanity. It is also a form of homage to this millenary art, revisited by a young creator who wishes to make it alive and contemporary with an innovative approach. Chris Calvet’s images are indeed timeless and universal, as much appreciated in Asia as in the West.
- BTS in Visual Communication
- Bac Pro Graphic Communication
- CAP Graphic Communication Draftsman
- Ballon Rouge Paris Expo Solo (11/17)
- GRK Gallery Expo Solo Hamburg - GERMANY (10/17)
- SwissArtSpace Gallery Solo Exhibition Lausanne Switzerland (09/17)
- Théâtre Rutbeuf - Clichy - Solo Exhibition (05, 06/17)
- GRK Gallery Solo Exhibition Paris (04/17)
- Galerie Le Ballon Rouge Collective Exhibition InFramed II - Paris - FRANCE (07 to 24/12/16)
- Telethon - Shanghai - CHINA (01 to 05 December 2016) with Performance
- International ArtFair & Design Exhibition (Nonguyan International Museum) - Chengdu - CHINA (24 to 27/11/16) with Performance
- EuropArtVision - Strasbourg - FRANCE (27 to 29/11 2016)
- Salon d’Automne Paris Champs Elysées - Paris (13 to 16/10 2016)
- ParisArtistes#16 : Clichy - Paris - FRANCE (07 to 09/10) with Performance
- ParisArtists#16 : Art Design Center Bastille - Paris (06 to 09/10 2016)
- Aram NuriArtCenter Museum - Seoul - South Korea (27/09 to 02/10/16)
- Galerie Ephémaire KAZoART La Rotonde Stalingrad - Paris (06/16) with Performance