$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 36 fans
Paris (75), France
Chris Calvet is a French plastic artist born in 1979.
Nature and the elements (materials, light, colours, shapes, etc.) inspired a want for discovery and adventure, generating a global-minded attitude that influences his works today:
“Discovery” of the craftsmanship by his childhood friend, Lyseth, with whom he met
Hassan Massoudy, then assisting her in the compilation of plate engravings, and this at the early age of 19;
“Adventure” during his major travels to China, amongst others, paving the way towards perspectives that are now seemingly evident - calligraphy.
Noticed by Starter Gallery, he was given the opportunity in 2015 to spend several weeks in residence at one of the largest museums of Chengdu (city with 14 million population), to exhibit works in three museums of Chengdu and to put his technique to test before such reputable international artists as Xu Liaoyuan, Qiu Guangping…
Remaining global-minded, his approach is simple, with the daily repetition enabling to learn and master the technique without relent, guided by Alessandra Laneve, his instructor.
Hence, the “Signes” series saw the day, granting him his current international fame (Exhibitions in China (Chengdu, Shanghaï), Paris, Lausanne, Hambourg, Rome and Seoul, etc.).
Requiring human resonance in his works, he has combined the plastic of selected models into his paintings for their expressiveness.
Signs, as always, are the expression of humanity, with the primary graphic frescoes, sketched in the grottos or on the rocky faces across the deserted plains, reflecting the ability of the artist to fix his interiority via the essential gesture, and to transcend the emptiness of his existence, calling upon collective imagination.
The subjective force and the link that exists between the shape of the model and the calligraphy lines are, according to Chris Calvet, the transcription of such presence on earth, and the unfailing liaison between nature and mankind.
It is also a kind of homage to this millennial art, revisited by a young creator, seeking to induce a lively and contemporary style via a novel approach.
The images of Chris Calvet are thus timeless and universal, appreciated as much in Europe as in Asia…
2002: BTS in Visual Communication [French college diploma] - Efficom/Estienne, Paris.
2000: Vocational Baccalaureate in Graphic Communication - CFA des Arts Graphiques [Graphical Arts Training Centre], Paris.
1998: CAP as Graphic Communications Designer [French vocational training certificate] - Lycée Saint Géraud, Aurillac (French county no. 15)
- Pavillon de France - Permanent Exhibition - Chengdu - CHINA (2019)
- Nongyuan International Museum (Residence) exhibition/ceramic work/calligraphy work/
work on the art of the tea - Chengdu - CHINA (july 2019)
- Gama Gallery - Solo Exhibition with live show - Cappadoca - TURKEY - (june 2019)
- Gama Gallery - ArtExpo New-York - USA (april 2019)
- GRK Gallery Solo Exhibition - Paris - FRANCE (february 2019)
- Context Miami Gama Gallery - Miami - USA (december 2018)
- 15Martel Gallery - Collective Exhibition - Paris - FRANCE (december 2018)
- Gama Gallery Solo Exhibition with live show - Istambul - TURKEY (november 2018)
- Chine ArtFair & WeekDesign - Chengdu - CHINA (november 2018)
- Fotofever Paris NdF Gallery - Paris - FRANCE (november 2018)
- Jorg Gallery - Collective Exhibition - BELGIUM (november 2018)
- Glacier 3000 Gstaad - Solo Exhibition - Gstaad - SWITZERLAND (july-december 2018)
- Women’s salon « Phémina » guest of honor with lecture - Nemours - FRANCE (june 2018)
- Gama Gallery - Solo exhibition with live performing - Istanbul - TURKEY (octobrer 2018)
- Nongyuan International Museum - Chengdu - CHINA (may 2018) with live show
- Mecenavie - ArtExpo New-York - USA (april 2018)
- NdF Gallery - Art Fair Lausanne - Lausanne - SWITZERLAND (april 2018)
- Galerie SwissArtSpace - Solo exhibition - Lausanne - SWITZERLAND (march & april 2018)
- Armony Artweeks - Collective exhibition - New-York - USA (march 2018)
- GRK Gallery - Collective exhibition - Espace 5Bis - Paris - FRANCE (january 2018)
- Salon D’Automne - Chypre - CHYPRE (decembrer 2017 to june 2018)
- GRK Gallery - Collective exhibition - Espace 5Bis - Paris - FRANCE (decembrer 2017)
- Estée Lauder awards Pink Ribond - Grand Palais ParisPhoto & Iéna Bridge - Paris - FRANCE (novembrer 2017)
- ParisArtistes#17 : Paris - FRANCE (octobrer 2017)
- ParisArtistes#17 : Art Design Center Bastille - Paris - FRANCE (octobrer 2017)
- Sankakuza Exhibition - Paris 7 - FRANCE (septembrer 2017) with live show
- Théâtre Rutebeuf Solo Exhibition - Clichy - FRANCE (may to june 2017) with live show
- Art Center & Créativity - Aulnay sous Bois - FRANCE (april 2017) with live show
- Gallery «Le Ballon Rouge» Collective Exhibition InFramed II - Paris - FRANCE (15 to 23 december)
- Téléthon - Shanghaï - CHINA (01 au 05 december) with live show & collaboration
with school mode IFA Paris-Shanghaï for a fashion show.
- International Art & Design Exhibition (Nonguyan International Museum) -
Chengdu - CHINA (24 to 30 november) with live show
- EuropArtVision - Strasbourg - FRANCE (27 to 29 november)
- «Salon d’Automne» Paris Champs Elysées - Paris - FRANCE (13 to 16 october)
- ParisArtistes#16 : Clichy - Paris - FRANCE (07 to 09 october) with live show
- ParisArtistes#16 : Art Design Center Bastille - Paris - FRANCE (06 to 09 october)
- Estée Lauder awards Pink Ribond - Tour St Jacques garden - Paris - FRANCE (october)
- Aram NuriArtCenter Museum (Organized by Ilsan & ParisArtsites
Séoul - SOUTH KOREA (september 27 to october 02)
- Gallery Lyseth Création Solo Exhibition - Aveyron - FRANCE (july & august)
- Gallery KAZoART «La Rotonde Stalingrad» - Paris - FRANCE (june 2016) with live show
- Hôtel Le Général - Presentation Skateboard Signe - Paris - FRANCE (may)
- Gallery Durand Dessert - Stylist Magazine & The Stackers - Paris - FRANCE (may) with live show
- SwissArtSpace Gallery - Lausanne - SWITZERLAND (april)
- Domus Romana Art Gallery Collective Exhibition - Rome - ITALY (february)
- Kakizome 2016 - Calligraphy live show (with Makiko Takei) Paris 6 - FRANCE (january)
- ParisArtistes #15 Médiathèque Françoise Sagan - Paris - FRANCE (october)
- ParisArtistes#15 Mairie du IX° - Paris - FRANCE (october)
- Gallery Art&Miss - Collective Exhibition - Paris - FRANCE (september)
- Gallery Lyseth Création Solo Exhibition - Aveyron - FRANCE (july, august and september)
- West Village International Museum - Chengdu - CHINA (june, july and august)
- Winshare International Museum - Chengdu - CHINA (june, july and august)
- Nongyuan International Museum - Chengdu - CHINA (june, july and august)