Shop our collection by category
Isabelle Courtois Lacoste is a multidisciplinary artist who has been working for several years on landscape. Much more than a simple representation of nature, to be interested in landscape today is to become a kind of archaeologist of human history which emerges in the form of traces in the tested nature, a place of memory and resilience.
Born in Verdun, in a family where artistic expression is naturally encouraged, she learns the basics of drawing as a child from a mother artist and art teacher. Graduated from the Beaux-Arts of Versailles and trained in engraving with the Korean artist Myoung Nam Kim, ink is one of her favourite mediums, particularly through the monotype technique which she sometimes combines with acrylic paint in the form of collages.
These mixed techniques allow him to explore contrasts of light through juxtapositions of coloured and black and white paper. Her landscapes are born from an abstract approach giving way to gesture, intuition and chance, the liquidity of the mediums or the imprint reveal the random, new starting point towards dream and imagination.
Signs appear in the recomposed fragments, giving meaning to the composition. She also develops a practice of painting on canvas playing with the liquidity of the acrylic medium, making landscapes emerge through successions of superimpositions and erasures.
Constantly in search of new plastic experiments, she regularly participates in artist residencies in France and abroad.
Graduate of the Ecole des Beaux-Arts de Versailles - multidisciplinary section (engraving, painting, sculpture) (Mention Très Bien)
- Living one more day, HGallery, Paris
- Galerie Les Frangines, Toulon
- Correlation, Galerie du Pavé d'Orsay, Paris
- One hundred titles, Atelier Rochebrune, Paris
- Identity-Territory, Conservatoire des Horizons, Lucciana, Corsica
- Paris Artists, Bastille Design Center and Espace Beaurepaire, Paris
- L'esprit des lieux, Présidial, Quimperlé
- L'eau, Domaine de Mme Elisabeth, Versailles
- Salon BellaZ'art, Bastille Design Center, Paris
- Librairie Fontaine Haussmann, Paris
- Solo exhibition, Lyon Art Paper, Palais de Bondy, Lyon
- Esprit des lieux, Domaine de Mme Elisabeth, Versailles
- Art en Balade, Coulée verte René Dumont, Paris
- Salon des Beaux-Arts de Garches
- Lyon Art Prospect International, Palais de Bondy, Lyon
- ArTalents, Concours d'Arts Visuels de Guyancourt
- Galerie Ephémère, Chaville
- Solo exhibition "Trouble", Galerie de l'Ecole des Beaux Arts de Versailles
- Le goût du kimchi, Galerie 89, Paris
- 8th Gyeongnam International Art Fair (GIAF) in Korea
- Formats, Versailles
School of Fine Arts Gallery - 12th Fall Open International Exchange Exhibition - Jeongsu Art Village in Jinju (Korea)
- Kubok Art Center (Korea)
- Approaching with sympathy - Sookmyung Women's University in Seoul (Korea)
ARTOLL in Bedburg Hau, Germany