$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 6 fans
Villennes-sur-Seine (78), France
" Passionate about Abstract Expressionism of the 40s and 50s, I like to refer to Franz Kline's sentence: " ...a person who wants to explore painting naturally asks himself: how can I be as expressive as possible in my work? Then the forms develop".
It reflects the direction of my expression. It is decisive to desacralize the aestheticism to let oneself slide to the most intimate. Painting is enough on its own...Paint...PAINT...P.E.I.N.D.R.E. Every day, for hours...Passionately! My head remains empty of thoughts, it fills up with colours, lines, apparitions, accidents..." - Francine Scrignac
On the canvas, Francine Scrignac chooses to keep some of them, suppressing others; some forms are accentuated, others, subtly covered, become suggestions, shadows, riddles. She explores her own path in a sincere and authentic way. She wishes neither to represent, nor to transmit, nor to explain... It is not a question of "making beautiful" but of being moved, of creating undoubtedly a possibility to exchange, to join together, the pleasure of observing what one does not see at first sight...
By leaving to chance and spontaneity a part in the initiative of her work, like an automatic writing, Francine Scrignac reveals much more than if she launched a mature, thoughtful creation. Proximity with nature, attention to the world, relationship with others, everything that awakens her sensations, her feelings, influences her creations.
Only one fear, without noticing it, lowering one's guard, insidiously letting oneself go to a pleasant ease. Each canvas must be a risk-taking, strong lines, colors that are not expected to be close; no softness in expression, will, decisions, perhaps mistakes to look for... However, no apprehension in front of the white canvas: luxuriance, abundance and freedom like the unashamed freedom of a child.
Regular meetings with Thibaut de Reimpré to move the creative process forward
- Salon Comparaisons - Geste et Synthèse Group - Grand Palais Paris
- Salon Propos d'Artistes - Morainvilliers (78)
- L'Usine à Zabu - Saint-Germain-des-Angles (27)
- Médiathèque de la Ville de Rueil-Malmaison (92)
- 5 paintings for the set of the 10th season of the TV series "CLEM"
- Salon du Dessin et de la Peinture à l'Eau - Grand Palais - Paris (8°)
- Salon of the Gallery Bellaz'Art - Bastille Design Center - Paris (11°)
- 4th Biennial of Contemporary Art - Versailles (78)
- Gallery Corte Real (permanent exhibition) - Portugal
- Gallery Art Generation (permanent exhibition) - Paris (4°)
- Gallery Artup Deco (permanent exhibition) - Lyon
- Emilios Coukidis Prize Exhibition - Rueil-Malmaison (92)
- Art Up Déco Gallery - (permanent exhibition)
- Paris (12°) - Salon Carré d'Arts - Villennes-sur-Seine (78)
- Centre d'Art Contemporain - Marciac (32)
- Festival d'Art Actuel - Halle Médiévale - Dives-sur-Mer (14)
- Salon du Dessin et de la Peinture à l'Eau - Grand-Palais - Paris (8°)
- Salon de la Galerie BellaZ'Art - Bastille Design Center - Paris (11°)
- Galerie de la Fondation Taylor - Paris (9°) - solo
exhibition - International Biennial - Châlons-en-Champagne (51)
- Salon Carré d'Arts - Villennes-sur-Seine (78)