$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 11 fans
Asnières-sur-Seine (92), France
RamZ is the author of a contemporary Arabic calligraphy that reflects his dual culture, marked by multiple influences and skillfully drawing on tradition to move towards the new. With a very modern and urban touch, the artist forges and sculpts forms and symbols that interpret words. Is it by chance that in Arabic, the root of the first name "Ramzi" means "symbol"? His works bear witness to the fusion between Arabic calligraphy and contemporary art, to the symbiosis between two cultures, between two worlds, East and West. He insists on the fact that each of us is capable of reading calligraphy, even if we do not read Arabic. "Over time, my works have become abstract because I no longer feel the need to be read, it is the language of each person's sensibility and free interpretation that prevails. When I discovered Arabic calligraphy, I could neither read nor write in the language and yet the attraction was omnipresent". The reading of a calligraphy is above all a journey of the eye through lines, angles, patterns and their arrangement.
RamZ learns the rules of Arabic calligraphy with recognized masters such as Abdel Hamid Djouambi or Yassin Deradra.
He also meets calligraphers of great renown who will mark and influence him: Amor Jomni, Abdel Ghani Alani, Salah Moussawy, Hassan Massoudy and many others...
- PUBLIC TREATMENT, Ephemeral Gallery, Marseille
- PODADA, Place de l'Hôtel de Ville, Asnières-sur-Seine
- FRONG KONG, The Stallery, Hong Kong
- Mezcalito, Hong Kong
- FUTURE, The Desk, Hong Kong
- Théâtre Renard, Paris
- Carré Saint-Honore, Paris
- Ezzou'Art galerie, Algiers
- POWER OF THE LETTERS, Sciences Po, Paris
- MODERN ARABIC CALLIGRAPHY, Mathis Cultural Centre, Paris
- Paname Art, Paris
- Tunisian Embassy, Paris
- PAROLES IMAGÉES, Centre Curial, Paris
- INSPIRATIONS, INALCO, Paris
- ARABESQUES, MDA 15, Paris