$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 16 fans
Paris (75), France
In her works, Catandre explores various artistic techniques - painting, drawing, engraving, silkscreen printing - to create mysterious images where human and vegetable forms are intertwined.
For paintings such as drawings, on canvas or paper, inks, pastels, charcoal and pigments are mixed with water, oil, wax or casein. The materials mix and merge into layers where the patterns overlap and are discovered, depending on the superposition of the layers, are finally revealed.
Drypoint, etching, lithography and silkscreen printing, in her prints, she searches for traces that take shape in the interplay of hollows and reliefs, ink and paper, black and white or coloured overlays. Series: from drawing to engraving, from painting to silkscreen printing, the motif is repeated in countless variations. Reinterpreted from one medium to another, it is enriched and transformed.
"Flowers, fruits, seeds, trees inspire me and I explore the analogies between plant forms and human forms, through the theme of germination/gestation. When the plant and the body are one, metamorphosis is at work. "
To bring to light this archaeology of the intimate, where plant and body are one and the same, Catandre uses a deliberately limited range of colours: black and white, red and sometimes blue.
Graduated in Modern History (Maîtrise de la Sorbonne) and History of Art (Ecole du Louvre), I followed an artistic training in drawing and painting in several workshops: Workshops of the Carrousel-Decorative Arts (1981-1983), Fine Arts of the City of Paris (1983-1994), Private Workshop Bertrand Joliet (former student of Fine Arts), Escuela de Arte Sanvisens, during a two-year stay in Barcelona (1988-1990), fresco art at the Duperré School (2000).
I trained in various printmaking techniques in several collective workshops: intaglio engraving at the Atelier Tintoretto in Venice (internship in 2009), intaglio engraving and savings engraving at the Beaux-arts de la Ville de Paris Montparnasse (2011-2013), screen printing at Paris Ateliers (2013-2014), lithography at the Atelier Glacière, Beaux-Arts de la Ville de Paris (since 2014).
- Segunda feria internacional del libro de artista, Guadalajara - Mexico (29 November-2 December)
- 30th Biennale of Painters and Sculptors of the 15th (November 6-9)
- Autumn exhibition, Paris (15-18 October)
- Salon de l’Hôtel de Ville, Paris (21 September-10 October)
- Paris artists - Town hall of the 9th arrondissement, Paris (8-12 October)
- Art Olympia,Tokyo - Japan (June 13-28)
- Open Days of the Artists’ Workshops of the 14th arrondissement, Paris (6-7 June)
- Paris artists - Town hall of the 9th arrondissement, Paris (October)
- Open Days of the Artists’ Workshops of the 14th arrondissement (June)
- Hélène Berr Library (December 4-15)
- City Hall Lounge