After attending the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs, Bertrand de Miollis has participated since 2002 in numerous motorcycle and sea voyages: Tour of Africa by boat, Trans-Chilienne by motorcycle, Paris-Kabul by motorcycle, Tour of Lake Baikal in a sidecar by ice road in particular. In Afghanistan and Iraq he accompanied French and British troops, bringing an artistic and human perspective to the difficult reality of war.
His numerous colored notebooks are then selected and taken up by the press, publishing and television. His paintings aroused the interest of galleries, and several exhibitions revealed his work.
Curious about wide open spaces, Bertrand de Miollis also likes what he defines as "the immobile journey", projecting him towards the discovery of other universes or artistic disciplines. Thus he paints on polo (2008), on lyrical art with the conductor John Eliott Gardiner (2010) or on ballet (twelve months of residence with the dancers of the Paris Opera, 2014). Each of his "immersions" leads to a personal exhibition.
Attached to traditional techniques (water and oil painting, engraving), he also explores since 2015 the possibilities offered by the digital medium. As a pioneer, he uses this technological palette as a new way to cross several art forms. Nourished by the motif, his painting seeks to transcend reality through explosive colors transporting the viewer into a relationship with the world between abstraction and figuration. Her work as a colorist is expressed by a tension between sweetness and acidity: pinks, ultramarine blues, turquoise with tonic vibrations.
Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs (auditor 2002, 2003, 2004)
- "Art en Pougasnou," Plougasnou,
- "Escales!", Artismagna Gallery in Le Lavandou,
-" Mountains - Mediterranean", Artismagna Gallery Lyon
- Permanent exhibition (35 works) at the Palace La Mamounia, Marrakech
- "Escales", City of Les Sables d'Olonne, 2020-Musée d'Avranches,
- CircumNavigations!", Soloshow, Paris and online exhibition,
- Sur les cimes", Galerie La Vie d'Artiste, Megève
- "The artists of the Operatorium", Nanterre
- Artismagna Gallery, Paris
- City of Bénodet
- Espace Art et Liberté, Charenton le Pont
- Museum of the Mountain Troops, Grenoble
- Salon Comparaison, Grand Palais, Paris,
- Salon de la Marine, Paris
- "30 years of Noufflard prize", Gallery of the Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris
- Museum of the Post, Paris
- Breton Lights", Port en Dro Gallery, Carnac
- "Dance in all its states", Taylor Foundation, Paris
- "From Brest to Lannion", TI AN HOLL, Plestin les Grèves
- 10 years of travel ", Espace Lhomond, Paris
- Paris: another journey", Nabokov Gallery, Paris
- "The rum route", Galerie la Boucherie, Saint-Briac
- "John Eliot Gardiner", Galerie le Vieux Paris,
- "Baïkal", Galerie Nabokov, Paris
- "Morocco", Jnane Tasmna Hotel, Marrakech, 2008
- Polo", Deauville and BNP Paribas Wealth management, Paris
What they're saying: KAZoART Customers