Zapata is a draftsman, specializing in contemporary academic nudes. He makes academic drawings with black stone and white chalk as tools.
His works represent naked sculptural bodies, vigorous, suffering, downcast, resigned. His inspiration is the result of his fascination, since his youth, for the beauty of Greek and Roman sculptures, symbolizing the cult of the naked body ideally beautiful and perfect, male model par excellence in Antiquity.
This theme, also very much represented by painters and draftsmen of the 19th century, nourished and enriched his creativity. The study of anatomy, form, the contrast of light and shadow, chiaroscuro; this research is a constant challenge in her artistic evolution. Imbued with this ancient aesthetic, Zapata's works are oriented towards a modern, contemporary style.
-Paris, Société des Artistes Français - Art Capital (Virtual exhibition, due to health crisis) Grand Palais
- Paris, 36th International Painting and Sculpture Exhibition (July 10 to 19) Palais des Congrès de Vittel.
- 74th Autumn Show of the ANAF (National Association of French Artists) (from September 29 to October 10) Town Hall of Saint-Mandé.
- 2nd ROTAR'Art exhibition
- Rotary Amiens 3 Vallées (from November 06 to 14) Espace Simone Veil Amiens
- 134th Salon SAVM (Society of Artists of the Val de Marne) (from 13 to 28 November) Villa Médicis - Saint-Maur-des-Fossés
- Society of French Artists - Art Capital (February 12 to 16) Grand Palais
What they're saying: KAZoART Customers