Shop our collection by category
Pascal Sentenac was born in Ivry-sur-Seine in 1961. He lives and works in Paris and Seine-et-Marne. For more than fifteen years he has been conducting personal research on the photographic image, in parallel with his work as a director of photography, which he has been doing for thirty years, and his activity as a scriptwriter.
The narrative, the highlighting of places and beings, their absence or presence, and the exploration of sensations are the main threads of his work. Considering that cinema, writing and photography are different but complementary arts, he develops projects on these three axes, which he explores separately or in resonance with his themes. He also collaborates regularly with other artists: musicians, visual artists, sculptors, directors, writing, over the course of the meetings a reflection on the stakes of multimedia and the intersubjectivity of practices and paradigms.
Each production thus questions how these operate, what causes the work but also the effects of the devices on the spectators. The whole of his productions is articulated on the principle of the series, propitious to release an inventory of the sensations which inspire him certain places, characters and/or moment of the time. The birth of each series results from intuitions that he "tries to translate visually" by elaborating for each one an aesthetic dedicated and a singular glance.
His images and installations propose a reading of the chaotic phenomena of the world around him, of the multiple ways in which beings inhabit their humanity and places, "small pieces of the era from a particular point of view".
2001: Graduated from the European Conservatory of Audiovisual Writing
1993: Graduated from ENS Louis Lumière
- Contemporary art festival PULS'ART, (Le Mans).
- Series KO & Onde Les Rencontres photographiques de Chabeuil.
- Series Êtres ailleurs. Prize of the festival Les Photographiques, (Le Mans).
- Series Onde (Projection)
- Photo Munsinguen, festival (Switzerland).
- Series Ex-machina VIF (Vincennes image festival).
- Ex-machina series. 3rd prize.
- Séries en suite, festival (Veneux-les-Sablons). Video installation KO.
- Séries en suite festival (Veneux-les-Sablons).
- Series Êtres ailleurs Le Mois de la photographie, (Arlon, Belgium).
- Series Ex-machina.
- 2nd prize at the festival Photos dans Lerpt, (Saint-Genest-Lerpt).
- Series Triptychs Confrontations Photos (Gex).
- Series Ex-machina.
- Winner 2017 Rendez-vous images (Strasbourg). Series Ex-machina. Favorite of the professionals: Francis Dagnan (Studio Harcourt) and Myles Little (Time Magazine). Selection & artistic direction : Ambroise Tezenas.
- Photos in Lerpt (Saint-Genest-Lerpt) Series Ex-machina. Prize of the Marauders of images.
- Festival Séries en suite (Veneux-les-Sablons). Series Ex-machina. Prize of the City.