"From the blade of grass to the bright flower, try to capture this overflowing and ever-changing energy of nature." Christine Cloos
Born in Boulogne-Billancourt, Christine Cloos has been living in Giverny for thirty years. She is a painter and sculptor, and a writer. At first, she worked with glazed paint on wood panels. In 1991, she moved to Giverny and took the support of iron, cut and welded metal sheets, assembled in wall sculptures and reworked in glaze with oil and gold leaf, to decline series about water, fire, and trees in a game of full and empty, shadow and light, work that ends in 2013.
In 2006, a parallel work on canvas, collage of various papers and oil painting, which continues until now.
His research consists in declining a theme. There were the landscapes between sky and earth, then the trunks of trees, more particularly the birches, then the flowerbeds and the wild flowers, but also the sea, the waves.
The proximity of the forests, of Claude Monet's garden have oriented her towards the exploration of this nature, wild and untamed or well organized and structured. Whether it is corrected, policed, organized, it remains however powerful, overflowing with an almost uncontrollable energy.
Workshop of restoration of paintings Genovesio-Malesset, Paris, restoration of wall paintings of churches, castles for the Historic Monuments.
Modeling courses with Serge Block, at the Montparnasse school, realization of decors for advertising, theater, cinema, interior decoration for private individuals. Artist residence in Xi'An, China
- Gallery ESPACE 87 GIVERNY
- Le Printemps des Puces, "a dealer, an artist", Marché Biron, Paris
- ART and COLLECTION Gallery, Colmar
-ROUGE-EPHEMERE Gallery, Hong-Kong
-Art Foundation International QU GUO JIN , Xi'An
- ART and THE Gallery, Granville
- Affordable Art Fair HONG-KONG Asian Contemporary Art show-HONG KONG
- HELVETIE Hotel, Montreux, SWITZERLAND
- The GAÏA GARDENS, WITTISHEIM
- Gallery Les ARTS en LOZERE, La Canourgue
- Les 111 des Arts
- House of Culture of Quouarts, Switzerland
- Passeart Gallery, Troyes
- Rudolfv Gallery, Amsterdam
- Be-Espace Gallery, Paris
- Plexus Gallery, Switzerland
- MAG Montreux Art Gallery, Switzerland
- Matthieu Dubuc Gallery, Rueil-Malmaison
- Raphaël Gallery, Carré des Antiquaires, Versailles
- Gallery Les Récréateurs, Paris
- Serge Amoruso Design, Paris
- Monet-Marmottan Garden Museum, Kitagawa, Japan
- Guimet Museum Bookstore, Paris
- Art en Mouvement, Cultural Center of Courcouronnes-Ivry
- Salon de la Marine, Paris
- Artec 98, Yokohama, Japan
What they're saying: KAZoART Customers