$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 5 fans
Paris (75), France
BAÏKA is a French artist from the 0 generation, born of a Polish mother and an Algerian father. Faced with the illustrious idleness of a youth without a future, without convictions and without purpose, Baika’s works are urgently needed to reconnect with the emotional. Baika’s pictorial expression is above all this gentle cry of an unarmed generational revolt in the face of the simultaneous agony of all systems. This soft cry, aesthetically speaking, it first passes through deeply conscious glances.
BAÏKA has been drawing the outlines of her own stories since childhood, nourished by an interest in mythology, literature, geopolitics, music, cinema, photography, underlying a humanist and ecological ideology. All this in a clean mixture that invites contemplation. His portraits, characters and figures are a "stop-image" on the infernal line of flight of the world. For the record, BAÏKA (bajka) in Polish means "tale".
BAÏKA comes from a family of Polish painters who have a mastery of technique, especially oil. One of BAÏKA’s ancestors, Ignacy Krasicki was an eminent aristocrat who lived in Poland in the 18th century and enchanted his friends with his famous fables compared to those of La Fontaine. The importance of storytelling, of telling through metaphors and symbols "the contemporaneity of an uncertain future" is a leitmotiv in BAÏKA’s work.
The layers of painting and colours follow one another in a certain duality between modernism and pictorial classicism. BAÏKA occasionally takes his creations out of the studio to put them in the streets without frankly positioning himself as a street artist. The street is above all a formidable visual territory filled with opportunities for creations that are offered other lives than that of being exposed, trapped within four walls. The freedom of the work also depends on the visibility and appropriation of its audience.
2002-2004 : Lettres modernes, Sorbonne Nouvelle (Paris)
2002 : Métiers de la Mode, Elisa Lemonnier (Paris) Formations Photographie en studio / reportage.
Video training and documentary video editing.
- February/March - Solo exhibition - Painting "La cour des Anges" at the Montmartre workshop (Paris)
- Group exhibition - Photo Painting - Ecotone Gallery (Vendôme)
- Group exhibition - Photo painting "Jeunes Talents" at Le Studio Gallery (Paris)
- Thip Festival - Photography - Tirana (Albania)
- Solo exhibition - Photography - Pole image 41 (Vendôme)
- Group exhibition - Painting - La Chapelle Vendomoise (Vendôme)
- Duo of artists - Photo painting - La boite de Jazz (Paris)
- Solo exhibition - Photo painting - Bar restaurant Hotel de ville (Paris)