Due to the COVID-19 situation, delivery times are impeded. We hope to bring you joy through art during this time.
Follow 16 fans
Paris (75), France
Writing is the basis of Yona Grandjean’s artistic approach. She likes heavy, thick, almost raw letters. For this reason it remains in a great sobriety of colors that better emphasizes the line.
His current work revolves around the collapse, deconstruction, fall, bursting, the disturbance of the letter in its transformations.
In a moving and fragmented architecture, letters are connected by entangled lines that circulate and transform them into constructions crossed by red lines, horizon, fixed point in chaos.
Process: It mainly uses Chinese ink and acrylic. Paper is important, she loves her material and works both freely and on canvas to give it a certain rigidity that allows her to play with her material and use the "accidents" on the ground.
She lives and works in Paris.
- 2007 - 2008: Latin calligraphy and painting with Claude Mediavilla.
- 1998 - 2002: Latin calligraphy with Kitty Sabatier.
- 2000 - 2002: Painting at the Ateliers Beaux Arts of the City of Paris, Glacière -
Atelier de Gonzalo Belmonte.
- 1996 - 2000: Drawing at the Ateliers Beaux Arts de la Ville de Paris, Sévigné & at the École supérieure des arts appliqués Duperré.
- 1983 -1988: Diploma in Chinese Language and Civilization at INALCO (Languages’O).
Selection of exhibitions:
- 2018 - European White Coats Biennale, Paris
- 2017 - Philippe Gelot Gallery, Paris -- Domenig-Galerie, Vienna, Austria
- 2016 - European White Coats Biennale, Paris -- Philippe Gelot Gallery, Paris
- 2015 - Galerie de l’Europe, Paris -- Palais des Beaux Arts, Cracow, Poland
- 2014 - "ParisArtistes#", Paris - "Biennale Européenne des Blancs Manteaux", Paris
- 2013 - Länsmuséet Murberget, Härnösand, Sweden
- 2012 - "Contemporary April", Paris
- 2011 - Artclub, Cologne, Germany -- Fort Pienc, Barcelona, Spain
- 2010 - Ministry of Finance, Saarbrück, Germany
- 2009 - Espace Art Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
- 2008 - "Le Temps retrouvé", Cabourg, France
- 2007 - 52nd Salon d’art contemporain de Montrouge
Publication : "Research(s)", Éditions Alternatives 2005