Writing is the basis of Yona Grandjean’s artistic approach. She likes heavy, thick, almost raw letters. For this reason it remains in a great sobriety of colors that better emphasizes the line.
His current work revolves around the collapse, deconstruction, fall, bursting, the disturbance of the letter in its transformations.
In a moving and fragmented architecture, letters are connected by entangled lines that circulate and transform them into constructions crossed by red lines, horizon, fixed point in chaos.
Process: It mainly uses Chinese ink and acrylic. Paper is important, she loves her material and works both freely and on canvas to give it a certain rigidity that allows her to play with her material and use the "accidents" on the ground.
She lives and works in Paris.
- 2007 - 2008: Latin calligraphy and painting with Claude Mediavilla.
- 1998 - 2002: Latin calligraphy with Kitty Sabatier.
- 2000 - 2002: Painting at the Ateliers Beaux Arts of the City of Paris, Glacière -
Atelier de Gonzalo Belmonte.
- 1996 - 2000: Drawing at the Ateliers Beaux Arts de la Ville de Paris, Sévigné & at the École supérieure des arts appliqués Duperré.
- 1983 -1988: Diploma in Chinese Language and Civilization at INALCO (Languages’O).
Selection of exhibitions:
- 2018 - European White Coats Biennale, Paris
- 2017 - Philippe Gelot Gallery, Paris -- Domenig-Galerie, Vienna, Austria
- 2016 - European White Coats Biennale, Paris -- Philippe Gelot Gallery, Paris
- 2015 - Galerie de l’Europe, Paris -- Palais des Beaux Arts, Cracow, Poland
- 2014 - "ParisArtistes#", Paris - "Biennale Européenne des Blancs Manteaux", Paris
- 2013 - Länsmuséet Murberget, Härnösand, Sweden
- 2012 - "Contemporary April", Paris
- 2011 - Artclub, Cologne, Germany -- Fort Pienc, Barcelona, Spain
- 2010 - Ministry of Finance, Saarbrück, Germany
- 2009 - Espace Art Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
- 2008 - "Le Temps retrouvé", Cabourg, France
- 2007 - 52nd Salon d’art contemporain de Montrouge
Publication : "Research(s)", Éditions Alternatives 2005