Follow 26 fans
La Haye (25), Netherlands
Rob van Hemert invites the audience to interpret his art himself. If for the artist making art is an ultimate need that produces a feeling of freedom and enrichment, he also wishes to inspire the spectator, who will hopefully escape within the themes of his abstract art and experience the same feeling. Rob resolutely opts for an art without constraints so that the observer’s dreams can take hold of it. He would like the latter to feel comfortable enough to arrange the work in the space freely, to interpret it as he sees fit. A personal freedom that the artist seeks to give to others with his work. Robert van Hemert is a Dutch artist born in Malang, Indonesia.
Since the 1960s, when Rob van Hemert was still attending the Fine Arts Academy in The Hague, he has devoted himself body and soul to art, while listening to the jazz of Charlie Parker, Ornette Coleman, Eric Dolphy and others. Their almost abstract works and simultaneous architectural studies have forever structured his interpretation of art.
During his career as a full-time artist, Rob van Hemert expresses his art in many different ways, using different disciplines, painting, sculpture, montage, projection. He sometimes adopts pseudonyms as if to firmly mark the significant stages of his life, each stage must display the motivation of an adjacent artistic expression.
Today, Rob van Hemert still explores geometric patterns, their simplicity expresses an indescribable tension that constantly opens new paths.
- Free Academy, The Hague - Netherlands
- Royal Academy, The Hague - Netherlands
- Polytechnic Institute, The Hague - Netherlands
- 2017, International Art Fair, Malaga - Spain
- 2016, International Art Fair, Barcelona - Spain
- 2015 and 2016, Art Zaanstad, Zaanstad (near Amsterdam) - Netherlands
- 2014, Summer Exhibition, Municipal Museum, The Hague - Netherlands
- 2011, Truc Troc, Bozart Museum, Brussels - Belgium