$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 112 fans
Gohelle (62), France
Sculpting the sensible, Gérard Taillandier invites us to rediscover the beauty of the female form. Metal and clay succumb to his desires to shape the delight of female expression, creating slender, sensual and always elegant silhouettes.
Born in 1954, as a child Gérard Taillandier soon became interested in fire and metal, as forge fires flickered before his eyes in his father and grandfather’s workshops.
The ability to dream and observe reality afforded by art led Gérard Taillandier from the age of fifteen to places he could collect metal which he would turn into mysterious animals…As a curious student, his scientific studies did not prevent him for modelling clay. After exploring drawing and painting, he began melting metals, increasingly honing in on bronze.
The guiding theme in Taillandier’s work is essentially the study of the female form. Smooth, pure bodies are created and invade the space. The fluid silhouettes and slender lines of his elegant sculptures beg the hand to follow the eye.
- 1996: École art de Douai
- 1998 : Galerie Fardel Le Touquet
- 1999 : Galerie 13 (Arras) / Galerie "schèmes" (Lille)
- 2000 : Galerie Septentrion Marcq en Baroeul
- 2001 : Galerie Dassonval (Honfleur)
- 2002 : Galerie Dufour (Amiens)
- 2006 : Galerie Artstudio b Knokke le Zoute (Belgium)
- 2007 : International exhibition "Furn’art" 2008 Europ’art Herentals (Belgium)
- 2012 : International exhibition "confrontaties" De Hann (Belgium)