Inventor of his own artistic style, what he refers to as "Sudrealism", STAS provides us with oil paintings mixing Mediterranean landscapes and Surrealism. He skillfully plays around with volumes and materials on his canvases by adding actual grains of sand directly drawn from the sea - his main source of inspiration.
In each of his works, there’s a piece of his childhood. STAS grew up in a family of architects and was introduced to the art of drawing from a very young age. At the age of 18, he was utterly overwhelmed by the beauty of the Crimean Peninsula and decided to devote himself entirely to art. Soon after, he was admitted to the Lviv School of Fine Arts where he studied for 4 years.
In April 2001, he organized his first solo exhibition in Lviv and moved to France.
Using paint as a medium, STAS has fun making his materials vibrate by adding grains of sand to give them more volume and depth.
His first works, strongly influenced by Surrealism, led him to invent his own style, which he calls "Sudrealism". With the Mediterranean coast as his main source of inspiration, his warm coloured paintings take us on a journey to a deep sea and blue sky, bursting with sun and heat.
Since 2005, he has participated in and organized group and solo exhibitions in France and abroad.
His works are in private collections in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Portugal, Denmark, Hong Kong, Canada, United States, Brazil, Australia, Taiwan, Russia, Tunisia, Ukraine.
As of now STAS is listed on Akoun, Artprice and is referenced in the European Encyclopedia of Contemporary Art.
- 2013-2014: Soft-cutting engraving course, Municipal School of Fine Arts, Nice, France
- 1997 - 2001: Diploma from the National Higher School of Fine Arts "Art-Design", Lviv, Ukraine
- 15/03/2017-19/03/2017 Participation in the Salon des Artistes Français "Art en Capital", Grand Palais, Paris
- 24/11/2015-29/11/2015 Participation in the Salon des Artistes Français "Art en Capital", Grand Palais, Paris
- 15/10/2015-18/10/2015 Participation in the Salon d’Automne Champs -Elysées, Paris, France
- Obtention Grand Prix International dans le section « Art figurative » pour l’œuvre Paradis retrouvé dans le concours de « Il Convivio », Italie, Sicile, Giardini Naxos, 30 octobre 2016
- Obtention de Médaille de Vermeil décerné par l’Institut Européen des Arts Contemporains à Toulon pour la richesse et la qualité de mon œuvre. 19 octobre 2015.Toulon, France
- Obtention de médaille d’Étain de la Société Académique d’Éducation et d’Encouragement « ARTS SCIENCES LETTRES » 13 juin 2015, Paris, France
- Prix Pablo PICASSO pour Dyshlov Stas dans le concours de peinture « Les artistes peignent Antibes » 4ème « FAITES » de la Peinture 21 septembre 2014