$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 78 fans
Bois-Colombes (92), France
Nicolas Neyman was born in 1970. His mother was Paul Colin’s pupil ("La Revue Nègre", with Josephine Baker, "Le Tumulte Noir"...), and it is perhaps this that gave him a taste for line and drawing from an early age. At 16, he discovered Baudelaire and Lautréamont. Then Nerval, Proust and Surrealism. He then wanted to become a poet. A television report on Philippe Soupault strolling around the Gustave-Moreau Museum in Paris opens the doors to a new world.
painting "L’Apparition" and its watercolour version remain for him, thirty years later, like revelations
after studying literature, Nicolas becomes a journalist: curiosity, rigour, a weekly closing... But you don’t leave the art world like that. Degas became his lighthouse, his pastel drawings especially. Under the color, the woman, alive and sublimated. Then Schiele and his incredible trait. The darkness. Violence.
uneasiness that lets itself be loved little
After eight years of living modeling classes, another universe opens up. Working more and more from photos (browsed on the web or taken by himself), he likes to play with contrasts. The black pastel (Sennelier) became his refuge. The white of the paper is a small light guiding the spectator’s eye. In his sights, the woman. "The dearest was naked and, knowing my heart / She had kept only her sound jewels," writes Baudelaire. Nicolas dresses him in pastel with his black shadows. Welcome to his poetry.
Modern Literature Studies
Work on the manuscripts of Georges Perec and Bernard Noël
Model living in the workshop since 2010.
- Bois-Colombes, Salon artistique 2018 in the salons of the Hôtel de Ville, from 17 to 25 November: 1st Prize for Works on Paper
- "Le Grand Nu", Untitled Factory, 32, rue Gabrielle, Paris 18e, from 11 to 18 November 2018 : Public Prize
- Since June 2018: in residence at the Atelier éphémère de la ville de Bois-Colombes (92). 12 artists are gathered for several months, working on personal or joint projects. opening to the public and exhibition-sale on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 December. You are welcome: 136, rue de l’Abbé-Glatz, 92270 Bois-Colombes, to follow the news of the artistic wasteland: www.instagram.com/nicolasneyman
- May 2018: "Le Mai du petit format", Bois-Colombes. Tables and drawings in small format: 32x32 maximum. (Collective exhibition
- October-November 2017: Town Hall of Bois-Colombes (92), Hall of Honour. 40 pastel and ink drawings. (Exposure only)