$15 off your first order with the code WELCOME15
Follow 134 fans
NIORT (79), France
More a performer than an artist, Yannick Bouillault is passionate about raw materials and transforming material. Geometric abstractions, female busts and minimalist figures are all points of reference leading to the universe of this great technician.
Born in 1968, Yannick Bouillault has always been creative. Captivated by materials, he first trained as a boilermaker, a profession he held for many years before spontaneously deciding to become a sculptor in 2016. Transforming different materials like metal, wood and stone, and the different, sometimes complex works he had produced over the years led him to break into a new creative area.
Self-taught artist Yannick Bouillault works primarily with steel. Occasionally he combines it with colour which, he says, brings feelings to life. He lets his imagination guide him, taking inspiration from the buzz of living things and material’s absence of movement. Bouillault prefers to call himself a performer rather than an artist. He recognises that each living being has a unique way of channelling expression, and for him this is quite simply through knowledge of his trade. Whether provoking emotion or reflection, his pieces evolve irreversibly over time…
- Art Gallery - Apartment - La Rochelle (17)
- Festival of Contemporary Arts - La Mothe St-Héray (79)
- Art Gallery - Flying Fish - Dolus d’Oléron (17)
- Fine Arts Competition - Chauray (79)
- Spring Sculpture Fair - Bressuire (79)
- Artists’ lounge - Les Herbiers (85)
- 36 Quai des Arts - Niort (79)
- Arts Atlantic - La Rochelle (17)